nor1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! Is anyone else waiting to send out transcripts physically to meet their conditions?
CharlieCos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nor1993)
Hey! Is anyone else waiting to send out transcripts physically to meet their conditions?
Hey - I don't think they're accepting physical sent copies of transcripts yet. They have a page up of 3 ways of sending evidence of original documents here instead of posting:

https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/new-st...n-what-do-next
Nicoleee97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Jumping on this too to say I just accepted my offer for Epidemiology FT! Any others joining in September or hoping to? If anyone is wondering my application was completed with references around 1.5 weeks ago! Will be submitting my transcript Thursday
Devanshee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heya, is anyone on a waitlist for any of the courses, I applied two months ago but my referees took forever to reply so had to change my references and now have been placed on the waitlist for MSc Medical Entomology for Disease Control. Not so sure what to do next
Yellowildcat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Devanshee)
Heya, is anyone on a waitlist for any of the courses, I applied two months ago but my referees took forever to reply so had to change my references and now have been placed on the waitlist for MSc Medical Entomology for Disease Control. Not so sure what to do next
Hey, I am waitlisted too...
I applied around a month ago for the MSc Epidemiology. I am very pessimistic about getting an offer
I got offers from other universities but I like this program the best. I don't know what to do.
Devanshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yellowildcat)
Hey, I am waitlisted too...
I applied around a month ago for the MSc Epidemiology. I am very pessimistic about getting an offer
I got offers from other universities but I like this program the best. I don't know what to do.
Ive been very pessimistic about it too, so decided to apply for another course that I wanted to do, so I have ended up doing that instead, still waiting on a response for this though, what other unis have you applied for?? Also do you have a deadline to respond to them all
Yellowildcat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Devanshee)
Ive been very pessimistic about it too, so decided to apply for another course that I wanted to do, so I have ended up doing that instead, still waiting on a response for this though, what other unis have you applied for?? Also do you have a deadline to respond to them all
Hey,
I have applied and been offered a place in UCL (Social Epi) , ICL (Epi) and Bristol (Epi). But honestly, I do not like any program as much as I like LSHTM, plus this school allows you to do the whole year online and as an international student (EU) I really need that this year. I check my email every hour but no luck haha. I have 28 days to respond to the other offers but I will have to decide earlier as I do not want to start the year late.
Devanshee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,
I have applied and been offered a place in UCL (Social Epi) , ICL (Epi) and Bristol (Epi). But honestly, I do not like any program as much as I like LSHTM, plus this school allows you to do the whole year online and as an international student (EU) I really need that this year. I check my email every hour but no luck haha. I have 28 days to respond to the other offers but I will have to decide earlier as I do not want to start the year late.
Heya, how did it go in the end, did you hear back from LSHTM??
Aminaubah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, good to see others looking to do the same masters! Good luck
I am trying to decide between LSHTM and UCL for MSc epidemiology atm. The main factor for me is that LSHTM is mainly online for the whole year, whereas UCL will have the-to-face components later in the year (I would prefer face-to-face). What do you guys think?
Last edited by Aminaubah; 2 weeks ago
Yellowildcat
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Aminaubah,
To be honest if you want face to face teaching I would go with UCL. I don't know if you are doing the Infectious Epi or Social Epi course but I have talked to some alumni through linkedin and everyone said amazing things about the courses. I recommend you reach out to them but if face to face is important for you, which is understandable, this year UCL may be a better choice. If you want to go to LSHTM and do face to face you can always defer to next year if that's a choice for you. Hope this helps
Last edited by Yellowildcat; 2 weeks ago
Aminaubah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Aminaubah,
To be honest if you want face to face teaching I would go with UCL. I don't know if you are doing the Infectious Epi or Social Epi course but I have talked to some alumni through linkedin and everyone said amazing things about the courses. I recommend you reach out to them but if face to face is important for you, which is understandable, this year UCL may be a better choice. If you want to go to LSHTM and do face to face you can always defer to next year if that's a choice for you. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply! It was the infectious epi course at UCL. I have thought about it some more now and I think I will go with LSHTM. I weighed the pros and cons and realised that I don't want to let the face-to-face issue affect my decision. I had many more reasons for choosing LSHTM that not. Will you be going to LSHTM too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.57%
No (320)
78.43%

Watched Threads