Banana03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Has anyone else on here done a credit transfer with the OU? I did one and they told me I got 180 credits so I've started studying now only to find out they've made an error and it should have been 240!! So I've basically started a module that I didn't need to do and wasted a year of my life and I don't feel like there are many people that can relate to my situation 😂
Elffaw89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That sucks!!

I applied for a credit transfer, having not yet decided which route to take. I've been offered 180 credits towards a BA(Hons) History or 240 credits towards a BA(Hons) Open degree. Its been some years since I applied for a credit transfer, so I'd like to check its still legit
Jojo b
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

I'm currently studying biology bachelor's degree (120 credit) in my first year at the open university.
I want to transfer to a brick uni next year.

1. Which brick universities accept Open Uni credits?
2. Could I move my credits into a brick uni degree and beginning BS in biology from the second year?
3. Could I use my OU credits as an alternative to A levels and entering BS in medicine/or other science BS from the first year?

Many thanks in advance
Banana03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Jojo b)
Hello,

I'm currently studying biology bachelor's degree (120 credit) in my first year at the open university.
I want to transfer to a brick uni next year.

1. Which brick universities accept Open Uni credits?
2. Could I move my credits into a brick uni degree and beginning BS in biology from the second year?
3. Could I use my OU credits as an alternative to A levels and entering BS in medicine/or other science BS from the first year?

Many thanks in advance
Unfortunately I have no idea about any of your questions.. I don't know if brick universities do credit transfers or not but the way they would decide basically would be based on what particular information you learned during your modules and whether they prepare you well enough for what you will be studying on the particular course you choose. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you
Banana03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Elffaw89)
That sucks!!

I applied for a credit transfer, having not yet decided which route to take. I've been offered 180 credits towards a BA(Hons) History or 240 credits towards a BA(Hons) Open degree. Its been some years since I applied for a credit transfer, so I'd like to check its still legit
Yeah that's what I did, applied for the credit transfer and then went travelling. When I got back I applied again because I couldn't find the paperwork and just received a letter saying that all the information was on my student home page and to log on to there.. something had obviously gone wrong somewhere and because it had been so long since I first applied I just went with it, despite feeling like I thought I'd been awarded 240! So stupid me for trusting the information despite a gut instinct.
But it's all sorted now and I'm preparing to study Children's Literature in September :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (177)
53.64%
No, they should still go ahead (47)
14.24%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (106)
32.12%

Watched Threads