Sreyachary26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Currently in high school and am planning to go to IB psych following year. I’m taking psych HL obv but i don’t know what to do in the other two subjects. I personally don’t like Chem or bio or math but i can manage doing them on an SL level. Im planning to do SL math ,SL Spanish AB initio and SL bil since many uni require math and bio. I also domt know if math AA or math AI is right for me? I hate math and cannot bear it.but i also read in other platforms that eng is necessasory and any other humanities subjects.what do most universities look for...i really need some help figuring out these.sos
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sreyachary26)
Currently in high school and am planning to go to IB psych following year. I’m taking psych HL obv but i don’t know what to do in the other two subjects. I personally don’t like Chem or bio or math but i can manage doing them on an SL level. Im planning to do SL math ,SL Spanish AB initio and SL bil since many uni require math and bio. I also domt know if math AA or math AI is right for me? I hate math and cannot bear it.but i also read in other platforms that eng is necessasory and any other humanities subjects.what do most universities look for...i really need some help figuring out these.sos
English is compulsory for the IB anyways and so is a humanities subject. Honestly, for the HL do psych and whichever other two you find easiest. Psychlogy doesn't have strict subject requirements. Just get the grades which tend to be around 36 points with 7,6,6 at higher for the more competitive courses. For the science bio is a good choice, whether SL or HL is up to you.

Bath has a preffered list of subject for psych, however they mention tha if you are doing the IB you will already have a broad enough range of subjects no matter what you do:
Spoiler:
Show
Preferred subjects include:

Anthropology
Biology
Chemistry
Classics
Economics
English
Geography
Geology
History
Mathematics
Modern Languages
Philosophy
Physics
Politics
Psychology
Religious Studies
Sociology
Statistics
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just make sure that you have the right subjects for the unis you want to apply for (e.g. google "york/newcastle/bath/whatever psychology entry requirements")
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (99)
39.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.6%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.8%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.8%

Watched Threads