Why is Imperial colleges student satisfaction so low?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Student satisfaction has consistently caused LSE, UCL and Imperial to be belittled by the likes of St Andrews Durham and Warwick when there is no comparison in fact.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Student satisfaction has consistently caused LSE, UCL and Imperial to be belittled by the likes of St Andrews Durham and Warwick when there is no comparison in fact.
because, as I explained yesterday London is a hole and should be de-populated and then nuked

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...happy-students
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
because, as I explained yesterday London is a hole and should be de-populated and then nuked

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...happy-students
taking out a 1/3 of the UK's GDP in London's metropolitan area and 20% of the population

unlike other European countries where there are many important cities, power, politics, finance, jobs, investment is dominated by London, meaning it is an attractive place to work/settle

meaning many consider (to some truth) that the rest of the UK is *the adjective you just used*
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
taking out a 1/3 of the UK's GDP in London's metropolitan area and 20% of the population

unlike other European countries where there are many important cities, power, politics, finance, jobs, investment is dominated by London, meaning it is an attractive place to work/settle

meaning many consider (to some truth) that the rest of the UK is *the adjective you just used*
i will take green rolling hills and quaint village pubs over gangland stabbings and islamic jihad any day
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on the course. Rolling Stone's London hate boner does not answer everything. Geology has super high student satisfaction, but for physics it's been pretty bad. They are working on improving that in response to the NSS scores though.
Anonymous #1
Hi what is this supposed to mean
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi what is this supposed to mean
ah sorry lol - gender ratio in some courses is heavily tilted towards men which some people hate...
Anonymous #1
ah sorry lol - gender ratio in some courses is heavily tilted towards men which some people hate...
Ah yes I understand but even after incentives by universities, girls just don’t seem to apply to engineering and maths etc. It’s true for all unis but just that stem is the only thing in imperial so it has a bigger impact on its ratio
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Ah yes I understand but even after incentives by universities, girls just don’t seem to apply to engineering and maths etc. It’s true for all unis but just that stem is the only thing in imperial so it has a bigger impact on its ratio
Does that mean if I apply to imperial I'll have a higher chance of getting in than a male because they're short of females?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think some people at LSE and Imperial take issue with the environment there so they have oddly low student satisfaction for such academically strong institution. I think this has been written about a fair amount.
AnnaBananana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does that mean if I apply to imperial I'll have a higher chance of getting in than a male because they're short of females?
Not all courses are short on females. Eg medicine...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SanityGone)
Not all courses are short on females. Eg medicine...
I'm talking about computer science
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Shouldn't do, this type of discrimination isn't practiced
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads