graciemay_05
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hi, I study An Inspector Calls, Macbeth, Jane Eyre and Love and Relationships poetry (AQA). I have mocks after the Christmas Holidays. Please could you send through some practice exam questions especially for L&R poetry (im struggling the most with this) and also any for Unseen Poetry. Thanks, also any revision tips would be much appreciated.
witheredhope7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
unfortunately, I didn't do AQA English lit- i did OCR, but what I can give you is revision tips:
- For Shakespeare- I created a bank with all the key moments and analysed them and talked them through, I also had a quotation bank and then I would analyse the quotations on a whiteboard and generally talk about them. I did character summaries, with analysis and key personality traits.
-For Inspector calls I made a table with 8 or so key moments and then did language and structure analysis and context- I think I really recommend Mr Bruff's videos ( for AIC and Shakespeare) they were really helpful
-Poetry I really enjoyed and because I did OCR and I only had 15 to learn so I learnt them all and analysed them all- (I often listed all the subject terminology per poem wrote it on a post-it and memorised it)- I also did themes and poet context as well as the atmosphere- I used genius the website a lot
Hope this helps
graciemay_05
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by witheredhope7)
unfortunately, I didn't do AQA English lit- i did OCR, but what I can give you is revision tips:
- For Shakespeare- I created a bank with all the key moments and analysed them and talked them through, I also had a quotation bank and then I would analyse the quotations on a whiteboard and generally talk about them. I did character summaries, with analysis and key personality traits.
-For Inspector calls I made a table with 8 or so key moments and then did language and structure analysis and context- I think I really recommend Mr Bruff's videos ( for AIC and Shakespeare) they were really helpful
-Poetry I really enjoyed and because I did OCR and I only had 15 to learn so I learnt them all and analysed them all- (I often listed all the subject terminology per poem wrote it on a post-it and memorised it)- I also did themes and poet context as well as the atmosphere- I used genius the website a lot
Hope this helps
thanks so much, really helpful!
anonymous.PT
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
does anyone know the jane eyre question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.57%
No (111)
80.43%

Watched Threads