Glittermuke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically I have an interview with Swansea University in 2 weeks for mental health nursing. What type of questions will I get asked?
Laura1985jayne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went last year to do adult nursing but its mixed so any nursing you go for you are all in the same room etc. very friendly and welcoming and relaxed. they may change the interview process but at first you start in a room and they put you in groups, they give you a group task which last about 10 minutes. then you go and have a 1-1 scenario in another room while being assessed then go for a 1-1 interview. my advice speak up enough to be heard but not overpowering and be yourself. good luckI start my adult nursing in march 2020 :-)
Skks12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can you give some examples of your questions pls? For the one to one interviewed

(Original post by Laura1985jayne)I went last year to do adult nursing but its mixed so any nursing you go for you are all in the same room etc. very friendly and welcoming and relaxed. they may change the interview process but at first you start in a room and they put you in groups, they give you a group task which last about 10 minutes. then you go and have a 1-1 scenario in another room while being assessed then go for a 1-1 interview. my advice speak up enough to be heard but not overpowering and be yourself. good luckI start my adult nursing in march 2020 :-)
Laura1985jayne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They asked why I wanted to do nursing, what skills do I think make a good nurse etc simple questions. Nothing to trip you up. Think they only asked about 3 questions I was there 1-1 for about 5 minutes. I think the harder part is getting an interview so your half way there 👍 Good luck
Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had three mental health nursing interviews last year and I'm drawing a bit of a blank on what I got asked. I know I got asked something about social media usage and what would be acceptable. One uni wanted us to watch a video and then we got asked a bit on that. I remember out of all the interviews there was only one question that really tripped me up and it was a scenario based one (they are always the hardest imo) where I got asked what I'd do if I was on a ward and found a girl bleeding because she had harmed herself. I went a bit blank because I obviously don't know what I'd do, that's why I want to train lol. I can't remember what I said but I pretty much hardly answered, they had to help me. I still got an offer. Scenarios are the worst.
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura1985jayne)
I went last year to do adult nursing but its mixed so any nursing you go for you are all in the same room etc. very friendly and welcoming and relaxed. they may change the interview process but at first you start in a room and they put you in groups, they give you a group task which last about 10 minutes. then you go and have a 1-1 scenario in another room while being assessed then go for a 1-1 interview. my advice speak up enough to be heard but not overpowering and be yourself. good luckI start my adult nursing in march 2020 :-)
Thanks for the advice.
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by Airfairy)
I had three mental health nursing interviews last year and I'm drawing a bit of a blank on what I got asked. I know I got asked something about social media usage and what would be acceptable. One uni wanted us to watch a video and then we got asked a bit on that. I remember out of all the interviews there was only one question that really tripped me up and it was a scenario based one (they are always the hardest imo) where I got asked what I'd do if I was on a ward and found a girl bleeding because she had harmed herself. I went a bit blank because I obviously don't know what I'd do, that's why I want to train lol. I can't remember what I said but I pretty much hardly answered, they had to help me. I still got an offer. Scenarios are the worst.
Thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?