The Student Room Group

i have a thing with this guy but he doesnt want another relationship

theres this guy at school whos a senior and im a sophmore. we’ve been talking and hanging out for about 2 months now. he’s taken me home to meet his family and bought me an expensive bracelet for christmas. we go out on lots of dates and kissed quite a bit. but he was in a two year long relationship before meeting me and broke up with that girl about 10 months ago. theyre still friends and she has a new boyfriend whereas he doesnt want another relationship because his last one left him feeling negatively about it. he told me that he doesnt want a relationship but still really likes me. i’m confused on what to do. i told him that him liking me is enough for me but in reality i cant help but feel insecure about his feelings. any advice?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

You are dating, kissing, met his family, were bought a present - sounds like a relationship to me! It doesn't help that you've not been completely honest with him; if you want more from him, then tell him. If he's not prepared to give you that, move on. Don't hang around waiting for him to commit; if he's not over his ex, he shouldn't be getting involved with anyone else as it's unfair on the next girl.
I have the same problem and painful though it is, I have to move on.

I can’t waste my time waiting for someone to decide they want me.

Keep it simple: they either want me or they don’t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending