Need advise I’m a mess

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So...
This summer I made new friends with four guys, and one of them really caught my eye (let’s call him Peter), he had such a good sense of humor, a weird one but similar to mine, and you can say he is good looking... anyways I had a bit of a crush on him, but there where three problems: he was really friends with me, he had MANY female friends and in September I was leaving my country to study university in England.

And just the night before leaving, I went out with these guy friends and my girl friends, and one of the guys told me that peter liked me back, but there was nothing I could do... I was leaving.

During university Peter was the only one who texted me frequently (he never told me anything of him liking me, so I thought that what his friend told me wasn’t true, and also because he kept posting insta stories with a bunch of other girls, so I just kinda had to forget about my little crush on him)

During uni I started something with a guy but stopped it because I started comparing him with Peter. A long time after this guy I started something else with another guy (let’s call him Harry), which I liked way much more than the first guy I met at uni... and you could say that we made things official (just like 2 weeks before Christmas)

but then I went back home for Xmas. My girl friends told me about Peter, that apparently he had a new girlfriend, and I was like, oh well, it doesn’t matter, I kind of have something serious with Harry. But then Peter called me to have dinner with him, just casual (we did this back in summer and I thought of it like a thing friends do)

We talked so much and I just started remembering again about how much we had in common... but I was afraid to ask him about his “new girlfriend”

One week later all of my girl friends and guy friends (including Peter) decided to hang out in my house, you know a few drinks and some snacks.

My guy friends got drunk (nothing major) and started joking about the “crush” that Peter had on me. They kept laughing and said things like:

“Tell her Peter, tell her how you liked her back in summer”

I just laughed it off and we kept talking about other things. Until Peter said “come one guys I want to say something but you’re not letting me talk”

And then one of my friends said “what do you want to say? How you liked her in summer, but in fact you still do?”

So yeah, that happened. A few more things that I had to clear out:
- one of my girl friends mentioned Harry and Peter got all quiet.
- apparently Peter did have a girlfriend but it was nothing serious, he apparently got fed up of her and stopped things.
- during Xmas I haven’t been talking much with Harry, I don’t know if it’s weird but we both decided before Xmas that we wouldn’t talk much during Xmas.

Now I’m just really confused... I think I still like Peter and I don’t know what to do with Harry.

Also, I’m really bad at communicating, I hate stoping things with guys because I hate having that conversation.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!😩
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yeah you need ADVICE....

And yeah, you're really bad at communicating.

When Harry met Peter and Sally. As with most sequels, such a let down.
carmenquema
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Spanx)
Yeah you need ADVICE....

And yeah, you're really bad at communicating.

When Harry met Peter and Sally. As with most sequels, such a let down.
What?
Sorry if my story wasn’t clear...😅 I’m from Spain so maybe that’s why it’s confusing... I don’t know
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by carmenquema)
What?
Sorry if my story wasn’t clear...😅 I’m from Spain so maybe that’s why it’s confusing... I don’t know
Lo siento, no sabia.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you're not committed to Harry, finish with him and let him find a girl who really appreciates him. Don't get involved with anyone else if you are going to be unfairly comparing them to Peter.

Peter hasn't done anything about being with you other than as a friend. Either ask him on a date yourself or forget about him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (186)
14.03%
I'm not sure (59)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (390)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.79%
I'm not a current university student (654)
49.32%

Watched Threads