Summer jobs without experience

Watch
zombie2233
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m looking to apply for summer jobs but most want some form of work experience, however I have none. So my question is, what jobs are out there for students during the summer that require no work experience or are just generally easy to get into.

Thank you
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
unless a job is advertised as summer term only, it's not a summer job and you won't get it because they can get someone to do it longer term in almost every instance
zombie2233
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
unless a job is advertised as summer term only, it's not a summer job and you won't get it because they can get someone to do it longer term in almost every instance
What jobs are generally easy to get into for students
weeemma
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zombie2233)
I’m looking to apply for summer jobs but most want some form of work experience, however I have none. So my question is, what jobs are out there for students during the summer that require no work experience or are just generally easy to get into.

Thank you
Hi
Look for jobs that are Temporary contracts as that gives you a fixed term of working .

We all must start from somewhere as like at the beginning as when we do get jobs what experience does any school children leaving school have - none.
What sort of jobs are you wanting to do - as some retailers has a age restrictions for certain departments.
Try the likes of Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda , Argos, Boots , B&Q as they take on students all the time, no experience necessary as will be given but you need to impress them at the interviews and any online job application's to.
Good luck in your search, they won't start the job advertising four summer untill early May to start about end of June. If you wanting to work part-time at weekends untill the summer then start looking now and then you can work the whole summer if you want to during the weekdays as overtime is widely available in majority of places especially Boots & Tesco .
zombie2233
Rep:
?
(Original post by weeemma)
Hi
Look for jobs that are Temporary contracts as that gives you a fixed term of working .

We all must start from somewhere as like at the beginning as when we do get jobs what experience does any school children leaving school have - none.
What sort of jobs are you wanting to do - as some retailers has a age restrictions for certain departments.
Try the likes of Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda , Argos, Boots , B&Q as they take on students all the time, no experience necessary as will be given but you need to impress them at the interviews and any online job application's to.
Good luck in your search, they won't start the job advertising four summer untill early May to start about end of June. If you wanting to work part-time at weekends untill the summer then start looking now and then you can work the whole summer if you want to during the weekdays as overtime is widely available in majority of places especially Boots & Tesco .
Thank you for the detailed answer
pericardium
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You may find it easier to seek employment with a small local business, such as with a trader on your local market (if you have one) or as a waiter/waitress in a local pub/cafe. My first job was as a stall assistant on a market stall. This was minimum wage and was only for 7 hours on a Saturday which was one of the busiest trading days so it made sense for her to only take me on for a few hours on a Saturday, as this also worked around school for me.
zombie2233
Rep:
?
jobs
(Original post by pericardium)
You may find it easier to seek employment with a small local business, such as with a trader on your local market (if you have one) or as a waiter/waitress in a local pub/cafe. My first job was as a stall assistant on a market stall. This was minimum wage and was only for 7 hours on a Saturday which was one of the busiest trading days so it made sense for her to only take me on for a few hours on a Saturday, as this also worked around school for me.

When’s the best time to apply for summer jobs?
pericardium
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
jobsWhen’s the best time to apply for summer jobs?
Whenever you have the time. Start handing CVs out and such. There's not really such a thing as a "summer job". Just detail in your CV that you're a full time student so only available at X, Y or Z times but will be much more available once summer hits and during school holidays/end of terms.
weeemma
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the detailed answer
You are welcome ok
Hope you find something that's will suit you and enjoy to x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (185)
43.63%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.56%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.78%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
20.99%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (43)
10.14%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.9%

Watched Threads