The Student Room Group

Ipad pro vs Macbook pro

I am going to be studying neuroscience this year and I wanted to know which one would be more beneficial as i dont want to have word notes AND notebook notes. I dont mind using an ipad and my current laptop though.
Any adivise? Many thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by theesta
I am going to be studying neuroscience this year and I wanted to know which one would be more beneficial as i dont want to have word notes AND notebook notes. I dont mind using an ipad and my current laptop though.
Any adivise? Many thanks in advance :smile:

The main question is how do you prefer to take notes? With the iPad you have the option to get the Apple Pencil and handwrite notes as well as type - while the Macbook is typing or recording lecture only.
Then there is also the consideration of price and weight of the object you're carrying around. If there's an Apple store near where you live then you can go in and ask questions (I did the same thing and it was really helpful).
Reply 2
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
The main question is how do you prefer to take notes? With the iPad you have the option to get the Apple Pencil and handwrite notes as well as type - while the Macbook is typing or recording lecture only.
Then there is also the consideration of price and weight of the object you're carrying around. If there's an Apple store near where you live then you can go in and ask questions (I did the same thing and it was really helpful).

Thank you so much for your help, it's just that I don't know if the course is annotation heavy or more taking notes. Ive been to an apple stpre and they say macbook is more efficient, however a vet med student said she swapped for an ipad pro due to her having to annotate alot of diagrams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending