Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I always dreamt of saving a le

I always dreamt of saving a child by giving him or him a loving family and my love. Of course I would want to have children of my own too so i would want to adopt a child or children from different background so that mean not adopting children from my own back group at least for the first time that is if i get my own children. So, I was wondering can you adopt a child who is different race to your own because u want children from different race as part of your family in the UK? Is it very hard to adopt? Around how much money might u spend on adopting? What are the chances of being able to adopt a child pr children aged 6 or under? If you adoption is accepted and adopted the child, can u take her or him with u to other countries if u want to live there for some time?
Thanks, goodnight...
Have sweet dreams😘
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)

I always dreamt of saving a child by giving him or him a loving family and my love. Of course I would want to have children of my own too so i would want to adopt a child or children from different background so that mean not adopting children from my own back group at least for the first time that is if i get my own children. So, I was wondering can you adopt a child who is different race to your own because u want children from different race as part of your family in the UK? Is it very hard to adopt? Around how much money might u spend on adopting? What are the chances of being able to adopt a child pr children aged 6 or under? If you adoption is accepted and adopted the child, can u take her or him with u to other countries if u want to live there for some time?
Thanks, goodnight...
Have sweet dreams😘
Sorry about the error, repetition, I didn't saw it until I posted it...thx
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, you can adopt children of all ethnic backgrounds.
Once a child has been legally adopted, the child can be taken abroad on holiday and can travel to any country the adoptive parent moves to.

So many mixed race and other children lumped together under the bame definition are left languishing in foster care, shunted between short term foster parents.
You might want to consider looking into being a foster parent, providing a vulnerable child with a stable and loving short term home.
BuckHowls
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks, goodnight...
Have sweet dreams😘
There are no restrictions on adopting a child from a different race or even religion. Adoption agencies accept adoptive parents based on whether they think you can provide a safe and loving home for a child. This means having a property where there is enough space for the child to live. If you plan to adopt a child in the UK agencies are not allowed to charge you an adoption fee. However, there might be other costs that may come up like court fees or police checks. Your adoption agency would advise you more about this. Adopting children under the age of 6 is slightly more difficult as that's the age group everyone wants. It tends to be the kids over the age of 6 that struggle to get adopted and that's where most agencies like to put a priority on first.

In terms of taking the child to another country to live there, you would not be able to do that straight away. As an adoptive parent, you normally have the adoption agency still around to support you. Also, that would be too much of a big change for the child. After a couple of months it would be fine to take your adoptive child to another country if you want to.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BuckHowls)
There are no restrictions on adopting a child from a different race or even religion. Adoption agencies accept adoptive parents based on whether they think you can provide a safe and loving home for a child. This means having a property where there is enough space for the child to live. If you plan to adopt a child in the UK agencies are not allowed to charge you an adoption fee. However, there might be other costs that may come up like court fees or police checks. Your adoption agency would advise you more about this. Adopting children under the age of 6 is slightly more difficult as that's the age group everyone wants. It tends to be the kids over the age of 6 that struggle to get adopted and that's where most agencies like to put a priority on first.

In terms of taking the child to another country to live there, you would not be able to do that straight away. As an adoptive parent, you normally have the adoption agency still around to support you. Also, that would be too much of a big change for the child. After a couple of months it would be fine to take your adoptive child to another country if you want to.
Thank you very much sir/madam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (228)
60.8%
No (78)
20.8%
Not sure (69)
18.4%

Watched Threads