The Student Room Group

UCAS university options help

I’m stressing about my UCAS application and I still don’t know what unis I should be applying to and what would be best to apply to since my predicted grades is BBC. I want to apply for the psychology with cognitive neuroscience, psychology with placement , cognitive psychology courses but I don’t know which unis is likely to give me an offer since my grades dnt meet the entry requirement for most good unis since psychology is a competitive course/field.
I’m thinking of taking a risk and apply to Liverpool since I want to apply to one Russel Group uni and the others I was thinking about are: Essex, Keele, brunel, Leicester and east Anglia.
Just saying you can always get better grades at results day and apply for adjustment. You could also do resits as most unis accept them and try to get into better unis.

I really can't help with good psychology courses and unis, but just apply where you can and like and remember what I said initially.
Original post by Psych2020
I’m stressing about my UCAS application and I still don’t know what unis I should be applying to and what would be best to apply to since my predicted grades is BBC. I want to apply for the psychology with cognitive neuroscience, psychology with placement , cognitive psychology courses but I don’t know which unis is likely to give me an offer since my grades dnt meet the entry requirement for most good unis since psychology is a competitive course/field.
I’m thinking of taking a risk and apply to Liverpool since I want to apply to one Russel Group uni and the others I was thinking about are: Essex, Keele, brunel, Leicester and east Anglia.

It's fine to have 1 or 2 risky choices on your application, so I would put Liverpool in. I'd then go for 2 safer options asking for BBB/BBC, and at least one option you think is a pretty sure bet, maybe Leicester?

Hi there! If you’d like, I could e-mail the Keele University admissions team in regards to your enquiry and see if they’ll be able to give you some guidance on whether or not you’d be considered?

Psychology is offered with a combination of other courses at chester and the grade requirements are BBC. There are a lot of cool combinations that you can do and I think there might be an option for Psychology and criminology etc. I hope this helps :smile:
UEA is a great uni to consider for Psychology, with a great range of Psychology courses. The university itself is campus-based which makes for a solid community, with all you need right at your doorstep. There are also lots of restaurants, clubs and shops in Norwich to visit off-campus.

If you have any questions about UEA, student life, the courses, or anything else, please feel free to message us here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending