nickkw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I would like to apply MSc in Finance/ something related to Finance since I aim to get into the field of banking, investment, asset management or wealth management. Here are some unis I would like to apply:

1. Warwick
2. Cass Business School
3. Glasgow
4. Edinburgh
5. KCL

In term of employability/career prospect, which one is the best? It will be great if you can rank them. Thank you very much!
Warwick Business School
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by nickkw)
Hi, I would like to apply MSc in Finance/ something related to Finance since I aim to get into the field of banking, investment, asset management or wealth management. Here are some unis I would like to apply:

1. Warwick
2. Cass Business School
3. Glasgow
4. Edinburgh
5. KCL

In term of employability/career prospect, which one is the best? It will be great if you can rank them. Thank you very much!
Hello nickkw

It is great to see that you are considering Warwick to study MSc Finance or a Finance related MSc. If you check out our careers page for the MSc Finance course you will see a list of where our graduates are now working...

https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/postgr.../careers/#more

On this page, there is also a link to our graduate destinations reports for our Finance portfolio of courses which will give you some useful information about average salaries, which sectors are graduates work in, average time for job offers etc.

If there is anything else you would like to know please don't hesitate to ask

Best of luck with your applications!

Francesca
WBS Official Rep
Hakz
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

1. Warwick
2. Cass Business School
3. Glasgow
4. Edinburgh
5. KCL

Warwick >= CASS > Edinburgh >= Glasgow > KCL

To be honest apart from Warwick and CASS, the remaining three are more or less on the same level playing field.

If you are considering Warwick and CASS, perhaps also look into Imperial, LSE and to a lesser extent Cranfield.
nickkw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hakz)
Warwick >= CASS > Edinburgh >= Glasgow > KCL

To be honest apart from Warwick and CASS, the remaining three are more or less on the same level playing field.

If you are considering Warwick and CASS, perhaps also look into Imperial, LSE and to a lesser extent Cranfield.
Thanks for your advice.
I already applied to Imperial and am now looking for some other unis. I'll go for Warwick and Cass for sure. Thought KCL
would be the best in the list based on its super high world ranking.

I don't know much about Cranfield, is it in the same tier as Cass or Warwick?
Last edited by nickkw; 9 months ago
Hakz
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thanks for your advice.
I already applied to Imperial and am now looking for some other unis. I'll go for Warwick and Cass for sure. Thought KCL
would be the best in the list based on its super high world ranking.

I don't know much about Cranfield, is it in the same as Cass or Warwick?
I have done the rankings according to prestige of their business/finance courses. KCL isn’t necessarily known for that. If it was Law or War studies then we have a completely different scenario.

You wouldn’t have heard of Cranfield because it only offers postgraduate courses but I’d urge you to have a look. It’s one of the best business/management schools in the UK. In my opinion, only Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, LBS and Warwick are better. And it’s a bit cheaper too.
CASS has the huge advantage of being located in London though, so there’s that.
nickkw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hakz)
I have done the rankings according to prestige of their business/finance courses. KCL isn’t necessarily known for that. If it was Law or War studies then we have a completely different scenario.

You wouldn’t have heard of Cranfield because it only offers postgraduate courses but I’d urge you to have a look. It’s one of the best business/management schools in the UK. In my opinion, only Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, LBS and Warwick are better. And it’s a bit cheaper too.
CASS has the huge advantage of being located in London though, so there’s that.
I plan to work in the UK after graduation. Therefore, the most important factor is the employability in the UK. I have already applied to Edinburgh, Cass, Imperial, KCL. I wanted to apply to Glasgow but it seems like it is in the lower-tier. I will check out Cranfield. I definitely will go for Warwick at the moment
Hakz
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I plan to work in the UK after graduation. Therefore, the most important factor is the employability in the UK. I have already applied to Edinburgh, Cass, Imperial, KCL. I wanted to apply to Glasgow but it seems like it is in the lower-tier. I will check out Cranfield. I definitely will go for Warwick at the moment
Nothing wrong with Glasgow. There are no distinct advantages of going to Edinburgh or KCL over Glasgow. The real advantage is going to either Imperial, CASS or Warwick. If you get into any of those then it’s a no brainer. That’s why they charge a crazy premium.

Unfortunately I couldn’t afford them myself so I’ve had to settle for a lower tier institution. I’d love to actually go Edinburgh or Glasgow but I don’t want to leave England. And the fact that I’m not looking to get into Front office IB, I couldn’t justify paying roughly £35k for a Finance masters.

If you get into all your options then I’d strongly recommend Warwick or Imperial. If you want to stay in London then Imperial.
nickkw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hakz)
Nothing wrong with Glasgow. There are no distinct advantages of going to Edinburgh or KCL over Glasgow. The real advantage is going to either Imperial, CASS or Warwick. If you get into any of those then it’s a no brainer. That’s why they charge a crazy premium.

Unfortunately I couldn’t afford them myself so I’ve had to settle for a lower tier institution. I’d love to actually go Edinburgh or Glasgow but I don’t want to leave England. And the fact that I’m not looking to get into Front office IB, I couldn’t justify paying roughly £35k for a Finance masters.

If you get into all your options then I’d strongly recommend Warwick or Imperial. If you want to stay in London then Imperial.
Right now as I understand from you for employability in the UK:

Imperial > Warwick >= Cass > Cranfield > Edinburgh > Glasgow > KCL

Am I right? Thank you
Last edited by nickkw; 9 months ago
nickkw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hakz)

Got it, I will pick Imperial / Cass/ Warwick over other unis that I applied
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.61%
I'm not sure (8)
2.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
35.26%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.73%
I'm not a current university student (156)
45.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed