Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Make your predictions here.

I predict:

* Prince Andrew to appear in I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here

* The Spice Girls will reform (again) but this time with Posh

* A cat or dog will become PM of somewhere

* There will be a major battle between Mexico and the US on the wall. Mexico will win, annexing Texas.

* Some people will get very, very angry and shouty.
Kernel_Coder
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Predictions for the decade (not really 2020 itself):

-The fertility rate in most (if not all) first world countries will continue to decline. Questions might be asked as to the extent to which governments can/should intervene. A debate might take place as to whether it's best to continue with economic systems which rely on an ever increasing supply of children. Immigration will be debated, but not in the traditional sense. Instead the issues will surround the ethics of "luring" people away from their home countries, placing additional strain on the source countries with an already precarious infrastructure. Countries will compete to have the youngest work force.

-In relation to point #1, the social security/pension (currently a ponzi-like scheme) systems of most first world countries will be dramatically reformed, perhaps making people more directly responsible for their retirement planning.

-Life expectancy will continue to rise, but not at a significantly faster rate than before.

-Data driven gene editing/medicine will come into mainstream usage in some way. This was in a fairly primitive stage in the 10's, but could see some more mainstream usage throughout this decade. Ethical questions will be asked about screening and editing of unborn babies.

-Trump will most likely win a second term as president in the 2020 election, largely due to the economic success (warranted or not) that will be attributed to him for 2016-2020. Although I can see a black swan event if the Democrats put forward the right candidate. The Electoral College is the Democrats Achilles heel, and it's hard for them to do anything under that system against Trump.

-Terrestrial TV viewing figures will continue to decline, raising questions about the future of broadcast television and the BBC.

-Cryptocurrency will still be around.

-At some point there is likely to be a large global recession impacting almost every country. If not, then much economic theory of the past will be redundant as it would be an unheard of to go this long without one.
Last edited by Kernel_Coder; 1 month ago
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kernel_Coder)
-Trump will most likely win a second term as president in the 2020 election, largely due to the economic success (warranted or not) that will be attributed to him for 2016-2020. Although I can see a black swan event if the Democrats put forward the right candidate. The electoral college is the Democrats Achilles heel, and it's hard for them to do anything under that system against Trump.
As usual, the election will come down to a few key swing states. In a number of the ones that matter for Trump, he is currently trailing badly in the polls. It's quite hard to see how he will make that back, especially as he has also started to weaken amongst the Christian Right. I agree though that the choice of Democrat candidate will be very important.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gradu-cav-tion
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Gradu-cav-tion
Kool. Have a good one!
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1 A man with three living wives and an ex-mistress sitting next to him will criticise the morals of the Prime Minister

2 A man who wrote of the "“proud nose and curly hair.” of his character, the “unblinking snake”, Sammy Katz will accuse the Leader of the Opposition of anti-Semitism

3 We will leave the EU on 31 January 2020 and no-one will notice.

4 There will be more EU Citizens in the UK on 31 December 2020 than 1 January 2020

5 The USA will elect a billionaire New Yorker as President
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Jan 2020: "coffee is bad for you"

Feb 2020: "coffee is good for you"

Mar 2020:"coffee is bad for you"

etc etc
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will make a post on TSR.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A new project diva game will come out

that I'll have to wait 3 months past the jp release date for because sega
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Princess Anne discloses she is gender-fluid.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
Jan 2020: "coffee is bad for you"

Feb 2020: "coffee is good for you"

Mar 2020:"coffee is bad for you"

etc etc
Hee hee. All in the Daily Mail of course.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by nulli tertius)
1 A man with three living wives and an ex-mistress sitting next to him will criticise the morals of the Prime Minister

2 A man who wrote of the "“proud nose and curly hair.” of his character, the “unblinking snake”, Sammy Katz will accuse the Leader of the Opposition of anti-Semitism

3 We will leave the EU on 31 January 2020 and no-one will notice.

4 There will be more EU Citizens in the UK on 31 December 2020 than 1 January 2020

5 The USA will elect a billionaire New Yorker as President
Nulli is as wise as he is perspicacious.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
I will make a post on TSR.
:lol: So very predictable and yet oddly prescient.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
* We will still be talking about Brexit at the end of the year

* A cat or dog will win Eurovision

* Prince Philip's death will be announced
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
AngryJellyfish will exist :blow:
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
- I will get 12 gems, or die trying.
- The attachment bug won't be fixed.
Last edited by Sir Cumference; 1 month ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
death, destruction, regular poos
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Greta announces that she has changed her mind. Celebrates her engagement to Benny off Abba with a massive barbecue.
riaaree
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Make your predictions here.

I predict:

* Prince Andrew to appear in I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here

* The Spice Girls will reform (again) but this time with Posh

* A cat or dog will become PM of somewhere

* There will be a major battle between Mexico and the US on the wall. Mexico will win, annexing Texas.

* Some people will get very, very angry and shouty.
i predict that the queen will die and that Harry and Meghan will move elsewhere. apple to create a new iPhone and create the beginning of teleportation. sadly i still think that famine and poverty will continue occurring. if free healthcare is removed then i assume that homelessness and health issues will increase drastically leading to a spread of a disease like ebola.
RedGiant
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A dozen BS, insignificant, petty issues and/or scandals will be covered extensively by the media. About 150 billion new stars will form in the Milkway galaxy alone, of which about 15 billion could possibly form planets that support life. The human race will continue to waste more and more of the limited resources, time and energy it has on unimportant things. We'll keep on playing mind games, as John Lennon said. The Earth will travel about 584 million miles. About 55 million people will die.

And, more genders will be created.
Last edited by RedGiant; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads

Latest