Turn on thread page Beta

Nike Air Stab... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What sort of a moron thought that "Stab" would be a good name for a trainer? You do have to wonder about some people and the location of their common sense :rolleyes::no:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7511743.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    What sort of a moron thought that "Stab" would be a good name for a trainer? You do have to wonder about some people and the location of their common sense :rolleyes::no:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7511743.stm
    Did you read the article?

"The shoe was first launched in 1988 as a stability running shoe, hence the name Air Stab," the Nike spokesman said.

But even if that isnt the case in terms of advertisement and business perspective and for solely making profit that name regardless of where it originated from would in my opinion sell especially to the youth and those into such brands. if you actually have a look at the designs and type of trainers they are:

It does have a certain appeal to people who dress a certain way like those who like to wear Air Maxes where I come from are usually worn by youngsters and certain people as is Air Force Ones and Jordons which are worn by a lot of youngsters in the States and highly glamourised in Hip Hop videos by 'certain' artists.

So from a commercial and purely profit motivated move its a catchy and appealing name to those who they deem are potential customers - so dont think it was a moron but someone who gets paid tons and tons of money in branding and advertisement.

But to be selling it now is definitely moronic and lacks all common sense indeed and totally agree with you on how can anybody allow this to go ahead in the current climate and location more importantly.

ReputationRep:
    What'd they look like? They sound cool. Might invest in a pair.

edit: Nevermind, I won't be buying those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin2K8)
    Did you read the article?
    Yup, I read it, but even back then, street stabbings were common place in the US.

Not forgetting their other Classic that had to be withdrawn: "Runnin' and Gunnin'" :rolleyes::no:

ReputationRep:
    those trainers are fugly. i doubt anyone wears them other than when running. and you would have to be a really commited miscreant to cramp your style just to wear a shoe with the word 'stab' on them.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.