ItZIbus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m really aiming for straight 9s and I hope you guys can give me some tips please.
I mean like 9s in everything 😅.
So I take
Maths Edexcel
English Lang and Lit Aqa - I do AIC, Much Ado About nothing(no one does this book I swear), Jekyll and Hyde .
Triple Science Edexcel
Re Edexcel
Classical civilisation ocr anyone got advice for this?
Computer science ocr
Spanish Edexcel this one I’m aiming for a 8/9 cause 😅.
So I’ve had my first set of mocks which were English science and maths paper 1.
For maths we don’t get our results back yet but I’m predicted a 9.
Oh yeah all my predictions except Spanish is a 9,
For Physics I got 89 percent
Bio 83
Chemistry 83 so 9s in all science
English lit I got a 9 by 1 mark and haven’t done language yet
Thanks for reading this and all tips will be really appreciated
Becky.ah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ItZIbus)
So I’m really aiming for straight 9s and I hope you guys can give me some tips please.
So I take
Maths Edexcel
English Lang and Lit Aqa - I do AIC, Much Ado About nothing(no one does this book I swear), Jekyll and Hyde .
Triple Science Edexcel
Re Edexcel
Computer science ocr
Bio 83
With Spanish I’d say it’s about learning the vocabulary, I used memrise make sure you use the one that has all the words I think there is like 2400ish. Best of luck )
ItZIbus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Becky.ah)
With Spanish I’d say it’s about learning the vocabulary, I used memrise make sure you use the one that has all the words I think there is like 2400ish. Best of luck )
Ooh thanks I’ve never heard of memrise I’m going to check it out rn thanks
11salt11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
plan out your revision early, make a timetable, stick to it

worked for me
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im not doing great at maths i got a three in my mocks can i have some tips op considering the fact u got a 9?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In science practicing questions is your friend, just going over content is that helpful tbh
ItZIbus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
im not doing great at maths i got a three in my mocks can i have some tips op considering the fact u got a 9?
I gota this book called maths in 7 days where it covers all the content. Just practice questions on maths genie and oh there is a really good website called mathsbot I use for questions. If I don’t understand the content I watch YouTube videos. A bunch if I really don’t get the content I like the different approaches that the videos tell you.
uzi_horizontal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
while i wasnt on a full 9-1 grading for all my gcses i did get the same as 10 A*s and i think one of the things which helped a lot was setting 4 different subjects to focus on per day. 2 minor and 2 major, for example german vocab + 1 maths paper as minor, and then a larger geography paper paper/essay plans and physics section to revise as the major ones. i would always structure my day doing major task, minor, major, minor. so that i would end on something easier and something i enjoy more while getting the things i liked less done first.
Y274
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I take
Maths Edexcel
Triple Science Edexcel
Re Edexcel
Computer science ocr
Bio 83
Maths - Practice Practice Practice - use doctor frost maths. and if u can buy the grade-specific target-get back on track books so u can get one for grade 3, 5, 7 and 9
RE- all your content learn it in the form of an answer. like some topics are typical 4/5/12 markers so structure in that way. when you look at a belief of one religuion learn the contrast
Spanish - learn at least 15 normal vocabs specific for each topic then memorise at least 10 high-level vocabs to get u the extra marks
what I've been doing which is really helpful is change ur social media settings to Spanish so when you see you can see general vocabs
English language and lit - Mr Bruff and practice papers. And make sure you learn lots of context structure ur revision by essays
Bio-Chem- Physics- Free science lessons. primrose kittens for summaries and practice papers
well done on your mocks and good luck in ur GCSEs xxx
ItZIbus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Y274)
Maths - Practice Practice Practice - use doctor frost maths. and if u can buy the grade-specific target-get back on track books so u can get one for grade 3, 5, 7 and 9
RE- all your content learn it in the form of an answer. like some topics are typical 4/5/12 markers so structure in that way. when you look at a belief of one religuion learn the contrast
Spanish - learn at least 15 normal vocabs specific for each topic then memorise at least 10 high-level vocabs to get u the extra marks
what I've been doing which is really helpful is change ur social media settings to Spanish so when you see you can see general vocabs
English language and lit - Mr Bruff and practice papers. And make sure you learn lots of context structure ur revision by essays
Bio-Chem- Physics- Free science lessons. primrose kittens for summaries and practice papers
well done on your mocks and good luck in ur GCSEs xxx
Thank you so much, for the Spanish high level Vocab where did you find this , cause my teacher was like you don’t need it as I’m in top set Spanish but we got one of those classes so are there any websites with this high level Vocab . Thx
Y274
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much, for the Spanish high level Vocab where did you find this , cause my teacher was like you don’t need it as I’m in top set Spanish but we got one of those classes so are there any websites with this high level Vocab . Thx
I'm not sure because i don't do Spanish. but usually, the specification has all the vocab
Y274
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...-1-Spanish.pdf
found the spec- I think its right page 70 onwards
Y274
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also quizlet has grade nine vocabs so search them from there. sorry for the multiple replies
ItZIbus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Y274)
Also quizlet has grade nine vocabs so search them from there. sorry for the multiple replies
No problem thanks a lot 😁
Becky.ah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.memrise.com/course/19364...vocabulary-10/ this link might be out of date now but I think this is what I used
11CJ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm doing Much Ado! It's so annoying how there are very few in-depth resources out there. I have just made a post about it and would very much appreciate it if you could post any good points or send me a link to good resources since you seemed to do very well in your mock!
Stairwell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://youtu.be/lC6lNIEbLhk
Much ado about nothing!
11CJ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stairwell)
https://youtu.be/lC6lNIEbLhk
Much ado about nothing!
Thanks! This is fab, Do you know any other YouTubers/websites?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise