The Student Room Group

General Student Visa (Tier 4) - Timeline (2019/20)

Hey everyone. I saw this post on Reddit on the tier 4 visa timeline and since I couldn’t find something like it here, I felt it would be really helpful for everyone to see.

If you've applied for your UK visa and have heard back from them, it would be a great help if you could post your timeline so others would have a rough idea about the time taken.

Thank you in advance for all our comments.

Please keep the format as follows (add 'n/a' for any that don't apply to you):

Application location:
Priority or non-priority:
Submission date for the online application:
Date the biometrics were taken at VFS:
Date of confirmation of receipt at Sheffield:
Date of email confirming Entry Clearance Officer was assigned:
Date of any non-straightforward notices/requests for further document request:
Date when decision was made:
Date of email to collect documents from VFS:
Date when passport was collected with approved visa:
Further comments about your visa experience:
Reply 1
Would like to add my details here;

Application location: Sri Lanka
Priority or non-priority: Non-Priority
Submission date for the online application: 4th December 2019
Date the biometrics were taken at VFS: 13th December 2019
Date of confirmation of receipt at Sheffield: 14th December 2019

I haven't received an update since the automatic response from Sheffield. The wait is daunting! Tuesday (7th of January) will mark the 15th working day so I really hope the decision will be made on or before then
Reply 2
Update:

I got my visa :smile:

Application location: Sri Lanka
Priority or non-priority: Non-Priority
Submission date for the online application: 4th December 2019
Date the biometrics were taken at VFS: 13th December 2019
Date of confirmation of receipt at Sheffield: 14th December 2019
Date of email confirming Entry Clearance Officer was assigned: N/A
Date of any non-straightforward notices/requests for further document request: N/A
Date when decision was made: 6th January 2020 (I called UKVI on the 6th and was told me a decision was made)
Date of email to collect documents from VFS: 8th January 2020 (Got a text message from VFS)
Date when passport was collected with approved visa: 8th January 2020
Further comments about your visa experience: I'm glad I received it within the standard timeline. I was so worried it would get delayed. The wait was anxious though.
Reply 3
Hey... I applied for my visa on 14th December 2019. Biometrics were given on 19th December 2019. Received confirmation of receipt from Sheffield on 21st December 2019. However i still haven't received any updates since then. My course begins in 5 days on 20th January 2020. Any advise?
Reply 4
Original post by Anrose
Hey... I applied for my visa on 14th December 2019. Biometrics were given on 19th December 2019. Received confirmation of receipt from Sheffield on 21st December 2019. However i still haven't received any updates since then. My course begins in 5 days on 20th January 2020. Any advise?

I would suggest calling UKVI as your 15 days has passed already. You can find their number in the following link: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Reply 5
Hello
Application location: iraq
Priority or non-priority: standard
Submission date for the online application: 17th January
Date the biometrics were taken at VFS: 19th January
Date of confirmation of receipt: 20th January

Date when decision was made: still waiting ☹️

My course has started on 3rd February

Today is 5th February, im still waiting ☹️
I sent an email and the replied my application under process.
Any help what to do?
Reply 6
Hello MOHA_91 :smile:

Don't worry, they take 15 days to process your application. The 5th of February was the 13th day. What I would suggest is that you call them today (The 7th of February) as it has been 15 days since the confirmation of the receipt of your application.

They might say something along the lines of "the decision has been made" which means you should wait for your local visa centre to notify you to collect your passport (They would send either an e-mail or a text message).

In any case, it takes 2 working days after your decision was made for your visa centre to notify you so call UKVI and do be patient :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by omarahmedfazal
Hello MOHA_91 :smile:

Don't worry, they take 15 days to process your application. The 5th of February was the 13th day. What I would suggest is that you call them today (The 7th of February) as it has been 15 days since the confirmation of the receipt of your application.

They might say something along the lines of "the decision has been made" which means you should wait for your local visa centre to notify you to collect your passport (They would send either an e-mail or a text message).

In any case, it takes 2 working days after your decision was made for your visa centre to notify you so call UKVI and do be patient :smile:

Thank you for your reply ✨❤️

The tracking website has been updated, Green coloered application transferred to vac

Does it mean anything? Visa issued? Or not 😕
Reply 8
Original post by MOHA_91
Thank you for your reply ✨❤️

The tracking website has been updated, Green coloered application transferred to vac

Does it mean anything? Visa issued? Or not 😕

Great to hear 😊. Unfortunately you would not know of the decision until you open your passport.

Quick Reply

Latest