username4888666
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm in year 10 I just got my report back and for edquas English lit I got a grade 2. My target is a 6. How do I improve it as I did 8 hours of revision for the exam where I got a grade 2.

As for English language. I'm doing aqa and I did it in year 9 and was really bad at it and I'm doing it next term and really want to get a good grade.

Any suggestions on how to improve. Sorry for the long message but I'm worried.
xmelanieee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey dont worry the message wasnt long at all! I did my GCSEs last year so I might be able to help
If you dont mind me asking, how do you revise for English lit, like do use flashcards, mindmaps...? if you get me
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hours of revision won't necessarily correlate with an improved grade as you need to ensure the revision is of good quality. you need to be doing active recall and learning how to approach the exam paper. practice writing essays and being able to critically analyse your texts- how characters link to themes, their contribution to the narrative, methods of key quotes etc.
username4888666
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for all your replies but actually I got my last English lit test back and I got grade 5 so I'm going to leave this post here now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads