Mariana18
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am an EU 2nd year undergraduate student. I have student loan to cover the 9k/year for my studies and I would like to apply for maintenance loan too, but I don't know how to go about it.

Any help will be appreciated
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mariana18)
I am an EU 2nd year undergraduate student. I have student loan to cover the 9k/year for my studies and I would like to apply for maintenance loan too, but I don't know how to go about it.

To be eligible for the maintenance loan you have to meet the definition of “settled”
- lived in the uk for 5 years before the start of your course
- be a migrant worker studying a degree related to your work
- be a dependant of a migrant worker
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Hi Mariana,

Can you please confirm when you moved to the UK and the date that your course started?

Also, are you or an EU/EEA family member currently working in the UK?

Thanks, Ashley.
Mariana18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi Mariana,

Can you please confirm when you moved to the UK and the date that your course started?

Also, are you or an EU/EEA family member currently working in the UK?

Thanks, Ashley.
Hi Ashley,

I apologise for the late reply as I was busy with my exams. I moved to the UK in 2015. I can confirm that my mum is an EU/EEA citizen currently working in the UK.

Kind regards,
Mariana
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Ashley,

I apologise for the late reply as I was busy with my exams. I moved to the UK in 2015. I can confirm that my mum is an EU/EEA citizen currently working in the UK.

Kind regards,
Mariana
Hi Mariana,

If your parent or step parent is an EU/EEA national who is living and working in the UK and you have satisfied the MW standard eligibility, we will request the following evidence

Employment Evidence

- Your original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
- Your parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
- Croatian Nationals who course started before 30/06/2018 only - Migrant Workers Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)
- Parent - a photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
- Step parent - original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card*
- If the student is not an EU/EEA national we will need to see a Home Office Visa that covers their entire UK residency period
- The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
- The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
- A copy of your parent or step parents contract** of employment, this will need to confirm the following;

Required;

- Employment start date
- Contracted hours per week
- Be signed and dated by a member of HR or their manager

Desirable;

- Hourly rate of pay
- Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary

- Termly evidence

Thanks,
Claire
Mariana18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Claire SFE)
Hi Mariana,

If your parent or step parent is an EU/EEA national who is living and working in the UK and you have satisfied the MW standard eligibility, we will request the following evidence

Employment Evidence

- Your original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
- Your parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
- Croatian Nationals who course started before 30/06/2018 only - Migrant Workers Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)
- Parent - a photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
- Step parent - original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card*
- If the student is not an EU/EEA national we will need to see a Home Office Visa that covers their entire UK residency period
- The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
- The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
- A copy of your parent or step parents contract** of employment, this will need to confirm the following;

Required;

- Employment start date
- Contracted hours per week
- Be signed and dated by a member of HR or their manager

Desirable;

- Hourly rate of pay
- Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary

- Termly evidence

Thanks,
Claire
Hi Claire,

Thank you for your answer. I know that I have to complete a form as I cannot do it online and someone told me that I should complete the PR1 form. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Mariana
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Claire,

Thank you for your answer. I know that I have to complete a form as I cannot do it online and someone told me that I should complete the PR1 form. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Mariana
If you're applying as a Migrant Worker for the first time in 19/20 academic year, the application is a PN1 Form found here http://ow.ly/WDVn30plk02. Thanks, Claire
Mariana18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Claire SFE)
If you're applying as a Migrant Worker for the first time in 19/20 academic year, the application is a PN1 Form found here http://ow.ly/WDVn30plk02. Thanks, Claire
The form seems to be for new students and I am already in year 2 of my studies. It is my first time applying for maintenance, but I already have the tuition loan.
By a 'new student' does it refer to new university students or new to applying for maintenance loan?
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The form seems to be for new students and I am already in year 2 of my studies. It is my first time applying for maintenance, but I already have the tuition loan.
By a 'new student' does it refer to new university students or new to applying for maintenance loan?
Hi there,

It would be the PN1 as you are a new student applying for the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (118)
28.85%
1 (63)
15.4%
2 (62)
15.16%
3 (65)
15.89%
4 (30)
7.33%
5 (26)
6.36%