Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ermm i just read somewhere that boxer shorts are not suitable for physical education......take it this means you can't just wear boxer shorts for running, however you can wear them underneath your running shorts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dsheeran)
    Ermm i just read somewhere that boxer shorts are not suitable for physical education......take it this means you can't just wear boxer shorts for running, however you can wear them underneath your running shorts?
    Picture the scene.

You are taking the RAF Fitness test.

You are holding on to your partner's feet while he performs sit ups.

You glance down.:cool:

Your partner is wearing loose-fitting running shorts and equally loose fitting boxers underneath.:eek:

"Say hello to my little friend!"
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i understand that haha, surely tight boxers are okay though, if not then i'm a bit stuck for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannibal Smith)

"Say hello to my little friend!"
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    yup.. definately glad we do PT with just the girlieeeeeeees! :yep:

:woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i understand that haha, surely tight boxers are okay though, if not then i'm a bit stuck for tomorrow.
    'Tight Boxers' are called Trunks in M&S. They're OK.

However if by tight boxers you really mean 'large @rse', that's NOT, OK?:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxRAFNurse2bxx)
    yup.. definately glad we do PT with just the girlieeeeeeees! :yep:

:woo: :woo: :woo:
    Fair amount of 'tight fitting boxers' there as well!!:eek:

And yes, PB I did watch the Equality and Diversity DVD earlier!

ReputationRep:
    where was that?

i haven't been given a kit list yet but im goign by he one i found online and it doesnt mention this??

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    It just says Underwear (Boxer shorts are not suitablefor physical education sessions)

And for girls...

Unerwear (including sports bras for Physical Education lessons)

ReputationRep:
    As long as the PTi's can't see them hanging out the bottom of your PEd shorts during lessons you're alright, that's the real issue. Just get some a few tighter/shorter fitting pairs of boxers to wear when you know you've got a PEd lesson.

ReputationRep:
    girls too??????

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're likely to be wearing underwear that shows at the bottom of your PEd shorts when standing up I wouldn't think it would be an issue... Just wear whatever you usually wear for the gym/running, it's not like the PTI's are going to be checking. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking more the view for your pt buddy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxRAFNurse2bxx)
    i was thinking more the view for your pt buddy!
    Do you have anything that hangs out? Do you normally wear really loose underwear?

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA - erm..NO!

but i just wondered if wearing that underwear was a formaility? im guessing not. never mind. blonde moment once again.

ReputationRep:
    Ah blonde... that explains quite a few things :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    i know we have to get name tags to sew on our kit etc, but like the guys on IOT, do you need to label everything with your surname by way of name stickers???

ReputationRep:
    Nursie, You need to stop flapping!

We will tell you what to label and how, once you are here - just bring the labels with you. Not everyone reads this site and believe it or not, we have a system that works quite well without TSR! Don't worry about labelling your own stuff - it's the military gear that looks the same as everyone else's that's the problem!

Having said that, if you have anything of value, it's worth marking that!

ReputationRep:
    hey... i went to scouts for 10 years.. be prepared and all that

ReputationRep:
    just wear briefs, simple.

ReputationRep:
    Be prepared is great and all, but as has been said, not everyone logs on here and thoroughly researches every little detail of the kit they should be bringing and how to perfectly prepare in every single aspect (or does any research about RTS at all based on some recruits I remember...). Yes the standard kit list isn't too great, but you're not going to find yourself re-flighted just because you haven't written your name on your ironing board in the correct colour pen when you turn up.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.