The Student Room Group

Not responding to Recruiters e-mail.

I have went through first step of interview which was submitting one project.
Recruiter sent me e-mail confirming receiving the project, after that later on I received e-mail saying they will call me first week in January. I haven't replied to last 2 e-mails. Did I screw up? Should I reply something now? Last e-mail is over a week old.
Reply 1
January just started, hasn’t been a week yet. If you are really bothered by it then phone the company up and ask about your application.
Reply 2
I don't want to look desperate, but what if they are expecting some reply to the e-mail?
Original post by rlvnt123
I have went through first step of interview which was submitting one project.
Recruiter sent me e-mail confirming receiving the project, after that later on I received e-mail saying they will call me first week in January. I haven't replied to last 2 e-mails. Did I screw up? Should I reply something now? Last e-mail is over a week old.

I don't think you have screwed up, but it might have been good to reply to the emails just to confirm you were still interested. IMO, an acknowledgement to an email like this is polite, as otherwise people may be concerned you aren't receiving them (e.g. they are going to your spam folder).

You could still reply now and have the body of the email be something like "I'm still very interested in this role. Are you still expecting to be able to call me this week?".

This isn't dating, so don't overthink "looking desperate".
First week of January probably means first full week of January; so next week. Most office jobs only went back today after Christmas.
Reply 5
All right, I will reply to them, it's true that it's more polite. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending