The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

UNI of Reading Physician Associate MPAS 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R.Ramez
U know on email that was sent, it was mentioned that a 180 credits course was changed to 240 credits from this September for university of Reading!
Does it mean the course is still 2 years or change to 3 years ??

Hi!

Great to hear you've applied to Reading! What made you choose this university? What interests you about the course? :smile:

The course is still 2 years, the MPAS course is 4. You can find out more about the course structure on the university website here.

Also, you can find out more information about what it's like to study the MSc PA degree and read past students stories here which may give you a better idea of what to expect!
Applications for this course have now closed for the academic year 2021/2022, so you should hear back by the end of June. Please do get in contact with the admissions team if you have any queries about this or the course in general; they will be happy to help!
The email is: [email protected]

Good luck with waiting for a response and best of luck with the course. If you have any questions about anything or even just what life is like as a student in Reading, please do ask and we will do our best to answer!

Skye
1st Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Yes I applied and got accepted a few months back
Have you attended the visit day for the PA course ?

How did you write your personal because my main choice is the physician associate course in reading but in UCAS i have to apply to 4 others so i don't even know how to do it
Original post by Meriii
How did you write your personal because my main choice is the physician associate course in reading but in UCAS i have to apply to 4 others so i don't even know how to do it

Hi!

So great to hear you're interested in studying at Reading!

Am I right in thinking you are talking about your personal statement here? If so, try not to link your personal statement to any university in particular, as this will a) broaden your opportunities with other universities too, whether that's as a back-up plan or genuine interest and b) will give you more words to really sell yourself and your passion for the degree. Use your personal statement to talk about your experiences, how you became interested in the course, the type of person you are and how it all links to this specific course. This will help the university get a better idea of who you are without their being any university bias - this way, any other places you apply to can also judge your application fairly and you won't lose out on opportunities at other places unfairly.

Does this help at all? I hope I interpreted your post right - sorry if I'm completely wrong!
Please do ask any questions and we will do our best to help where possible.

Good luck :smile:
Skye
1st Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Hi, I was thinking of applying for the PA course at reading, but because there are only 2 universities that do undergraduate, I am worried how competitive the course is and its statistics. Would you/anyone know how competitive this course is and how many students they take in each year?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Undergraduate PA
Hi, I was thinking of applying for the PA course at reading, but because there are only 2 universities that do undergraduate, I am worried how competitive the course is and its statistics. Would you/anyone know how competitive this course is and how many students they take in each year?

Hi @Undergraduate PA,
Unfortunately I don't have access to exact statistics, but I can tell you that it is one of our more popular courses, and it gets a high volume of applications as, like you said, it one of only a handful of courses like it currently running in the UK. There is an interview as part of the acceptance process as a result so bare that in mind! I would recommend that you speak to our current student Lina on Unibuddy to find out a bit more about what to expect and a little more about the course itself. You can also speak to MPAS admissions through email at [email protected], and they could perhaps shed some more light on the statistics side of things. Also, we have Open Days coming up on the 8th and 15th of October, would you be able to come along to one of those? Open days are a great way to check out the campus and the department whilst getting to know current students too :smile:
Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Kath
3rd Year History Undergraduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending