The Student Room Group

University GCSE Grades

Hey,
I have been looking at University grade boundaries and the GCSE's needed for certain courses. I was looking and it said that I need a 6 in a subject in which I got a 5. Do you think that this would be serious or would they conpletely rule out an offer ?

Thanks
The best thing to do is give them a call tomorrow or Friday between 9am and 3pm and ask to be put through to admissions - then ask the question. I can't say for sure but there's always the chance it'll be ok with them. It may be serious if it is something like medicine, I had a friend who had to resit his English language GCSE because he didn't meet the requirements initially.
Reply 2
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
The best thing to do is give them a call tomorrow or Friday between 9am and 3pm and ask to be put through to admissions - then ask the question. I can't say for sure but there's always the chance it'll be ok with them. It may be serious if it is something like medicine, I had a friend who had to resit his English language GCSE because he didn't meet the requirements initially.

Hey,

I have a 5 in GCSE English language too and am going to be applying for medicine. I would just recommend applying to universities that don't focus on GCSEs heavily. also, you will meet some universities gcse entry requirements for medicine, such as Newcastle, Plymouth, Aberdeen, Exeter. So, apply for universities that you meet the requirement of

Original post by rightokay
Hey,
I have been looking at University grade boundaries and the GCSE's needed for certain courses. I was looking and it said that I need a 6 in a subject in which I got a 5. Do you think that this would be serious or would they conpletely rule out an offer ?

Thanks
Uni’s tend to be pretty strict with GCSE requirements. Give them a call to check but be aware they may tell you that you wouldn’t be considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending