The Student Room Group

GCSE Predicted Grades

I applied on the 26th November to a local sixth form and I gave them my predicted grades at the time.. However, I got my second report at the end of term and a lot of my grades have increased.. I was just wondering if I should let the sixth forms know how much I have improved or if I should just leave it and mention it when I have an interview?

My grades in the first report were 66677778 and in the one I got most recently they were 67777889. (Biology changed from 6 to 9, Chemistry+Physics from 7-8 and English Lang from 6-7)

I am planning on studying Maths, Economics, Business and Physics

I know the answer is probably just to leave it but the sixth form I’m applying to is a grammar school and although the grades they ask for is only six 6s, I know they will prefer the higher grades.
If you already got accepted, it's fine if you leave it because its only an indicator of what you can do to see if you are a good candidate. The only time were your changed grades would affect your application is your gcse grades in august.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
If you already got accepted, it's fine if you leave it because its only an indicator of what you can do to see if you are a good candidate. The only time were your changed grades would affect your application is your gcse grades in august.

I haven't been accepted :frown: the most they said is that they will get back to me at a later date.. (at this rate it seems like they never will lol)

I just wanna have the best chances of being accepted.. I really wanna get in 😂
Umm...So I waited until I got my like grades back so left my application a fair bit later than everybody else, in order to get my predicted grades (because at the time I only had my year 10 predicted grades). However everyone told me to just apply anyway because apparently colleges don't tend to care what grades you get, as long as you're getting the require grade for each course (e.g a grade 6). I once went to a college open day and this guy said "Im predicted a 7 but I'll definitely get an 8, probably a 9" and the teachers response was "Well that's great but you just need a 6 to get in." Due to you applying for a grammar school, I'd say perhaps email them and don't say your grades outright but mention in the email that you're predicted grades have changed and would they be interested in knowing the new, higher grades?
Hope this helped at least a little bit aha, sorry I'm a rambler.
Original post by RyanC_
I haven't been accepted :frown: the most they said is that they will get back to me at a later date.. (at this rate it seems like they never will lol)

I just wanna have the best chances of being accepted.. I really wanna get in 😂

Just email them that you have new predicted grades and ask if it will affect your application. You'll probably be accepted since they only ask for 6s

Quick Reply

Latest