Sneaking boys in

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, so last night I met my ex boyfriend after not seeing him for four months since we started college. We talk everyday and my feelings about him still haven't changed (we broke up due to distance). He did not have a lift home after the night out and was supposed to be staying at my neighbour's. Stupidly, I agreed that he could stay at mine (very risky as my parents are quite strict, despite the fact I am 19 and living abroad). It was really nice to have him over but the issue arose in the morning that he had to leave quietly. I let him out of the front door before my parents were awake but my mum saw him leave from the window. I'm very ashamed and embarrassed, as it was inappropriate and frankly disrespectful. What's the best way to make it up to my parents?
nopey123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You shouldn't have to, if your parents can't cope with you living a normal life it's their issue.

Say sorry to them but leave it at that.
pericardium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Owenstampy)
You shouldn't have to, if your parents can't cope with you living a normal life it's their issue.

Say sorry to them but leave it at that.
I'm with Owenstampy on this one. If you're living with them then you have to respect their house rules, but you should also be treated fairly and like an adult.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by pericardium)
I'm with Owenstampy on this one. If you're living with them then you have to respect their house rules, but you should also be treated fairly and like an adult.
I'm just home for Christmas but they sat me down and kind of told me they'd kick me out of it happened again, and would love to cut me off. I can understand it was a complete violation and I feel sick thinking about it, I just want my relationship to be good with them, but they are both really really upset and I'm not sure that they'll forgive me
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nothing to be done. You are an adult and they need to accept that. Just don't go sneaking boys in and out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (677)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads