The Student Room Group

Restarting college

So i started sixth form in setember doing A-level English, Bio and Chem which were pretty much my favourite subjects at GCSE and i got good grades in them. i enjoy sixth form but hit october/november time i started not hating it but loving it either. now its jan holidays and ive got mocks when i got back and tbh ive lost all effort and kinda just hate it. I dont want to goto uni i dont think - i want to get a office job after sixth form and work my way up. i thoight a levels would be my thing but after 3 months of doing them i realised that i dont like the idea of having to remmeber everythings, i rather have a coursework element to them, is this realsitic plan, was thinking complete this year at sixth form , and then restart college doing business btec as i feel that be up my alley more. links more to what i want to do in the future and it be that little less stressful and could even geta part time job so makes it that little bit easier getting a job after college.
Would be another two years after this year then. It all depends tbh all i can say is you benefit a lot from having a levels. yeah, there are other routes but it can open up a lot of doors. I'm currently in my second year and I hate it, i'm failing this year currently but i need a levels to do what I wanna do. I don't wanna go uni so don't think a levels are just for uni, If you'd much rather do something else because you hate it do it! Just research first into if you'll need a levels for what you want to do because you'll have to pay if you wanna go back and do them in a few years :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest