Turn on thread page Beta

Probably a really silly question, but I've recently been on a college trip and met this really nice guy from my college, we swapped numbers, got really close and I asked him if he wanted to meet up after and he said yes.

The problem is, I've been texting him and he replies such a long time later, like a day or two, I know it sounds silly but I feel like he might be messing me around. He said he's rubbish at texting back straight away an I understand that but he really doesn't text back untill so long later.

Do you think I'm being paranoid or he might be messing me around?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know - it matters on the guy.

That just might be his texting pattern. It's difficult to say.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if he always has his phone turned on?

I only turn mine on and use it about once a week when I go out.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well he is texting you back eventually, I have a friend exactly like that, actually a number of friends who are male who are rubbish at texting back! I think it might just be men to be honest, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As I said, at least he texts you back

well instead of texting him sometimes you could phone him, the best time to do it is when he replies to one of your messages because then you'll know he's got his phone to hand. and meet up and talk about it, when texting you'll never know if your being messed about, it'd be more obvious is you actually spoke.

(Original post by Stikki)
    Do you know if he always has his phone turned on?

I only turn mine on and use it about once a week when I go out.
    I'm not too sure, he says he puts it on charge overnight and he knows I've been texting him so I guess he must have it on sometime.

(Original post by Redpanda91)
    Hmm well he is texting you back eventually, I have a friend exactly like that, actually a number of friends who are male who are rubbish at texting back! I think it might just be men to be honest, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As I said, at least he texts you back
    Ah, that's really reassuring thanks
    I do really like him and I've just spent a week with him, he doesn't seem like the sort of guy who would mess me around either.

ReputationRep:
    MMM...he's playing hard to get. Doesn't want to appear too needy. Believe me.

(Original post by daniel_williams)
    well instead of texting him sometimes you could phone him, the best time to do it is when he replies to one of your messages because then you'll know he's got his phone to hand. and meet up and talk about it, when texting you'll never know if your being messed about, it'd be more obvious is you actually spoke.
    Do you think I would be being a tad forward if I phoned him up?
    We're going to meet up sometime next week hopefully if all goes to plan anyway.

ReputationRep:
    At least he texts you back, if he wasn't interested he would leave it alone.

I don't turn my phone on for ages, but I still reply to my messages

(Original post by Rozzo89)
    MMM...he's playing hard to get. Doesn't want to appear too needy. Believe me.
    Do you think that's why he's said he's rubbish at replying to my texts?

(Original post by Dude)
    At least he texts you back, if he wasn't interested he would leave it alone.

I don't turn my phone on for ages, but I still reply to my messages
    Ah yeah, I hope you're right :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you think that's why he's said he's rubbish at replying to my texts?
    If he replied too sudden, it'll make him appear either clingy or desperate. Giving it time allows him to achieve exactly what you are doing now..desperation and paranoia lol! Try adopting the same technique, now that might be interesting on his behalf, to see how he reacts.

Also, when I asked him if he wanted to meet up and he said he couldn't meet up, he seemed quite sad and said maybe next week, that shows he's interested right?

If he replied too sudden, it'll make him appear either clingy or desperate. Giving it time allows him to achieve exactly what you are doing now..desperation and paranoia lol! Try adopting the same technique, now that might be interesting on his behalf, to see how he reacts.
    Hhmm I definately think you're right, don't know why I didn't already think of that!
    I think I'll wait untill tomorrow to text him back if I get a text tonight now

ReputationRep:
    Yeh do that. You know the same thing happened to me but vice versa. I was in your situation with this girl. I worked it out in the end, they'll come to YOU eventually. Milk it while you can, be clingy and then suddenly..release....arr the satisfication when they want your attention again lol

Yeh do that. You know the same thing happened to me but vice versa. I was in your situation with this girl. I worked it out in the end, they'll come to YOU eventually. Milk it while you can, be clingy and then suddenly..release....arr the satisfication when they want your attention again lol
    Ah you've been such a huge help, thank you so much!
    You can have my rep today for making me feel so much more relaxed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.