The Student Room Group

Paramedic work experience

Hi! I’ve applied to uni to study paramedic science however just looking into what other work experience others have completed other than the ambulance service. Thanks :smile:
The St John Ambulance seems like a good option for you. Although this is more of a longer term volunteering opportunity, it's still a good work experience. There's also the British Red Cross although I haven't had experience with that.
Original post by Manxie101
Hi! I’ve applied to uni to study paramedic science however just looking into what other work experience others have completed other than the ambulance service. Thanks :smile:

Any experience with people! Volunteering in care homes or hospitals wards, working as healthcare assistant or receptionist in GP. Experience in non-related healthcare places can also be beneficial because of transferable skills.. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Manxie101

Any experience is good experience but with COVID at the moment it can be really tough! I've been doing a virtual 24 hour work experience in a hospital ward with Operating Theatre Live. It is backed by the NHS and The Medics Portal so it's been really great for providing me with a different kind of work experience but it's been great for helping me learn! Defo would reccomend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending