Want more information about this university?
Waterflame
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Can't decide where to study pharmacy. I am stuck between the university of lincoln and the University of east anglia. What do you think?
JoeMartxn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm not studying Pharmacy but I've been to both unis and Lincoln was a lot nicer personally. UEA is like a concrete maze and the City so far away whilst in Lincoln it's right on the door step.
MysticQueen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Personally I'll look at the Registration pass rate for becoming a pharmacist. I think that should be a factor you should consider. Lincoln pass rate is like 67% and UEA 80-90% but then theres the drop out rate for UEA but unsure for which subject it's been for.
The registration is an exam after university where you do a placement at a pharmacy and gain you're registration you have to sit an exam where the pass is like 70% and there is other work for it but I have spoken to people who didnt choose a good university to do pharmacy and not passing at all after their 3rd try and being unable to become a pharmacist.
MysticQueen
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Waterflame)
Can't decide where to study pharmacy. I am stuck between the university of lincoln and the University of east anglia. What do you think?
hiya. was wondering if you received an offer from lincoln?
like I went for an.interview on the 4th december but not heard anything back.
ta
UniOfLincolnStudent
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Waterflame)
Hi! My name is Lexy and I am a current Lincoln student!

Have you been to one of our open days? If so you should definitely come and see our campus! Our campus is nice and relatively compact only 5 minutes walk from the city centre! Anything you need is only 10 minutes away by foot and we have great transport links! I have a couple of friends who study/have studied pharmacy at Lincoln and they have all thoroughly enjoyed it! You have to remember that drop out rates are mostly due to the person not agreeing with the course or university study as compared to the course not being good!

Any other questions please let us know! Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
They were my choices for the same course and I ended up going for Lincoln after I visted
UniOfLincolnStudent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They were my choices for the same course and I ended up going for Lincoln after I visted
Hi,

That’s great to hear! I’m sure you can’t wait to get on campus in the next week or so!

Before joining the university you could join the numerous social media pages to find course buddies, or join our Friends for Life programme to try and match up with potential friends before you join the university: www.lincoln.ac.uk/friends/

Congratulations and stay safe,

Connor - Third Year History Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise