Fernsy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Year 13 Student studying Economics, Politics, BTEC level 3 in ICT and I'm also doing a Diploma in Finance.

I'm just anxious about whether I'll be able to get a good grade for a levels. For my mocks I get D's in Economics and Politics. ICT seems to be the only subject I'm not failing with a distinction most times. I just want to get past these a levels 2019 was one of the worst years of my life so far and 2020 with all the exams ahead of me isn't looking too great too.

I've got offers but they want me to get an AB in Economics and Politics, and either an A in finance or distinction in ICT. I don't know whether I'll be able to achieve it and I'm doubting myself. I'm the first child of my parents to take even a levels let alone university despite me being the 3rd child which means pressure.

This January I have finance exams an ICT exam and then February mocks and it's getting overwhelming as I've been procrastinating over Christmas.
MichaelWester
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which exam boards are you doing for Economics and Politics?

I am doing Edexcel Economics A and Politics AQA
Fernsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by MichaelWester)
Which exam boards are you doing for Economics and Politics?

I am doing Edexcel Economics A and Politics AQA
Doing the same economics exam board but it's edexcel for politics.
MichaelWester
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fernsy)
Doing the same economics exam board but it's edexcel for politics.
For Politics which ideology are you doing (I'm doing Anarchism) and which option are you doing: Global or USA? (AQA has to do USA)
Fernsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by MichaelWester)
For Politics which ideology are you doing (I'm doing Anarchism) and which option are you doing: Global or USA? (AQA has to do USA)
Feminism and USA
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is possible to get those grades if your determined to work as hard as you can. I got a D (by 2 marks) in English Literature in a mock 8 weeks before A Level exams started. I ended up getting nearly an A. I worked like hell for those 8-10weeks and I wouldn’t suggest doing what I did, but if you start early and stick to a revision plan it’s possible to bump your grade up. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads