GCSE Science when to finish learning?

Watch
EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi guys,

Could someone tell me what is a good time to finish learning the content for paper2 science? Obviously, in school, they are teaching us the content pretty quick but for someone like me, I got all predicted 8s (although I want 9s), what is a good time to finish learning and just banging out exam questions?

Thanks
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you want to complete exam qs ASAP, sometimes it's easier and more efficient if you go through your exam questions relevant to the content you've gone through at school (even if you haven't memorised it all of by heart yet). For example, you can see what topic the first question is on, revise that topic then complete the question. By the time you finish a whole exam paper, you would have revised e decent amount of the content!

Another random tip is that when you are marking your exam qs, highlight the question you got wrong(e.g.the corresponding letter/number) with a light coloured highlighter (e.g.yellow), and re-do the qs you got wrong a few days later. If you get the question right second time round, highlight the question number in a darker colour (e.g.green) to show that you got it right. Keep going until all of the yellow-highlighted numbers/letters turn green.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
If you want to complete exam qs ASAP, sometimes it's easier and more efficient if you go through your exam questions relevant to the content you've gone through at school (even if you haven't memorised it all of by heart yet). For example, you can see what topic the first question is on, revise that topic then complete the question. By the time you finish a whole exam paper, you would have revised e decent amount of the content!

Another random tip is that when you are marking your exam qs, highlight the question you got wrong(e.g.the corresponding letter/number) with a light coloured highlighter (e.g.yellow), and re-do the qs you got wrong a few days later. If you get the question right second time round, highlight the question number in a darker colour (e.g.green) to show that you got it right. Keep going until all of the yellow-highlighted numbers/letters turn green.
Thank you! Yeah currently, I am doing tons of exam questions on the content that we were taught in school. I love your idea of marking my exam qs with highlighter! I will definitely try it out, thankyou. Please do share any other tips you may have.
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
ngl i don't think we finished chemistry content at all but didn't hinder us don't think you need a set time, just go at ur own pace and make sure to use past papers a couple weeks before the real exams
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by casabonita)
ngl i don't think we finished chemistry content at all but didn't hinder us don't think you need a set time, just go at ur own pace and make sure to use past papers a couple weeks before the real exams
Thanks I will definitely try to finish atleast a month before. I’m confident with paper1 as we have done it for a long period but paper2 I feel like it is going to be rushed.
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FahadMuh247)
Thank you! Yeah currently, I am doing tons of exam questions on the content that we were taught in school. I love your idea of marking my exam qs with highlighter! I will definitely try it out, thankyou. Please do share any other tips you may have.
CGP GCSE exam papers + exam workbooks are great. CGP are incredibly good at mocking the different exam boards with things like exam style, etc. I did the highlighting thing with all of the CGP science papers and I think that's what pushed me the next grade up
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FahadMuh247)
Thanks I will definitely try to finish atleast a month before. I’m confident with paper1 as we have done it for a long period but paper2 I feel like it is going to be rushed.
yea that was the same with us - knew paper 1 inside out, but paper 2 was literally taught the week before
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
CGP GCSE exam papers + exam workbooks are great. CGP are incredibly good at mocking the different exam boards with things like exam style, etc. I did the highlighting thing with all of the CGP science papers and I think that's what pushed me the next grade up
Thanks. I have already finished the whole of exam booklets.
(Original post by casabonita)
yea that was the same with us - knew paper 1 inside out, but paper 2 was literally taught the week before
Ahhh. This is what I’m dreading. I know that usually the paper2 of the science have a lower grade boundaries. So I wanna learn the paper2 well to push my chances of getting a 9 higher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads