The Student Room Group

Scared about my future

I just have been worrying about my future as in my career. I just need to be able to drive, pass my gcses and get money
Its not hard doing all three i just need to get them all. College and driving are both pretty important because if I dont get my driving licence im screwed and if I dont go to college im screwed as well and if I dont get the money in Im also screwed so I can do all three thats what Ive been doing. If i got my gcses and I wasnt able to drive Im screwed because ill just be depressed relying on public transport to get anywhere and most people need a driving licence these days and its so embarassing if you dont espeically for me, im a man, i like cars so much and most people drive. I just am worried about this because I failed my theory test twice and struggled to learn in manual car badly with 2 instructors. Im on my third instructor doing auto which is better but I need to pass my theory. I want to just pass my test soon as well because im sick of public transport so much and it just will make me so happy if i could drive. Atm im not confident about myself, i cant drive, i didnt get my gcses, ive got not girlfriend, im at college which i dont like partly because i dont drive, i get a lift there and bus back which i hate. Im screwed without my licence. Im also screwed without my gcses because every employer will ask for them and if i go no gcses theyll basically reject me. Im just screwed if i dont get both of them but i just doubt I will get them. When I was at school I wanted to do an aprentiship at a car garage which i didnt get the gcses for so never applied and that put me so down, thats whats making me doubt not passing my driving test and gcses. Staff at school told me Im not going to acheive my gcses and get this aprentiship. Im over that but just still get down and doubt myself over it but I thought my life was ****** if i dont get the aprentiship but its not and maybe when im a bit older i might be able to get it. Anyway im actually ****** if i dont get my gcses and driving licence this time im 18 years old and getting this is my career back then i was 15. Its that its embarassing about not getting my gcses but its also the fact that it effects me and my life if i dont get it same with the gcses. The gcses might be less impprtant than the driving licence because i do see people with jobs with no gcses but my licence im definately screwed if i dont get it with my confidence, career, life in general, imagine being a dad but cant drive it will look bad on the kids and me if i can get kids because women dont want a man who doesnt drive, then if the women doesnt drive you are ****** and being driven round by your wife is embarassing. Basically what im saying is really really need to get my driving licence or im screwed for life and ill be useless guy who depressed/unmotivated. Driving is a basic skill you expect most adults to have.

Is anyone in my position or similar?
Whats everyones opnions on my post?
Original post by Anonymous
I just have been worrying about my future as in my career. I just need to be able to drive, pass my gcses and get money
Its not hard doing all three i just need to get them all. College and driving are both pretty important because if I dont get my driving licence im screwed and if I dont go to college im screwed as well and if I dont get the money in Im also screwed so I can do all three thats what Ive been doing. If i got my gcses and I wasnt able to drive Im screwed because ill just be depressed relying on public transport to get anywhere and most people need a driving licence these days and its so embarassing if you dont espeically for me, im a man, i like cars so much and most people drive. I just am worried about this because I failed my theory test twice and struggled to learn in manual car badly with 2 instructors. Im on my third instructor doing auto which is better but I need to pass my theory. I want to just pass my test soon as well because im sick of public transport so much and it just will make me so happy if i could drive. Atm im not confident about myself, i cant drive, i didnt get my gcses, ive got not girlfriend, im at college which i dont like partly because i dont drive, i get a lift there and bus back which i hate. Im screwed without my licence. Im also screwed without my gcses because every employer will ask for them and if i go no gcses theyll basically reject me. Im just screwed if i dont get both of them but i just doubt I will get them. When I was at school I wanted to do an aprentiship at a car garage which i didnt get the gcses for so never applied and that put me so down, thats whats making me doubt not passing my driving test and gcses. Staff at school told me Im not going to acheive my gcses and get this aprentiship. Im over that but just still get down and doubt myself over it but I thought my life was ****** if i dont get the aprentiship but its not and maybe when im a bit older i might be able to get it. Anyway im actually ****** if i dont get my gcses and driving licence this time im 18 years old and getting this is my career back then i was 15. Its that its embarassing about not getting my gcses but its also the fact that it effects me and my life if i dont get it same with the gcses. The gcses might be less impprtant than the driving licence because i do see people with jobs with no gcses but my licence im definately screwed if i dont get it with my confidence, career, life in general, imagine being a dad but cant drive it will look bad on the kids and me if i can get kids because women dont want a man who doesnt drive, then if the women doesnt drive you are ****** and being driven round by your wife is embarassing. Basically what im saying is really really need to get my driving licence or im screwed for life and ill be useless guy who depressed/unmotivated. Driving is a basic skill you expect most adults to have.

Hey, take a deep breath. I know you’ve probably heard this a lot. But everything will be fine. Take everything step by step. Firstly, concentrate on your GCSEs don’t put too much pressure on yourself. When you finish your GCSEs, spend time revising for your theory and take time for driving lessons. Self fulfilling prophecies will come true only when you stop concentrating in them. You’ll do amazing. Don’t be ashamed about the fact that you haven’t got the GCSEs yet. There are many older people who go back to education to fulfill their dreams. Hope I’ve been some help. I’ll also message you :smile:
Hey, take a deep breath. I know you’ve probably heard this a lot. But everything will be fine. Take everything step by step. Firstly, concentrate on your GCSEs don’t put too much pressure on yourself. When you finish your GCSEs, spend time revising for your theory and take time for driving lessons. Self fulfilling prophecies will come true only when you stop concentrating in them. You’ll do amazing. Don’t be ashamed about the fact that you haven’t got the GCSEs yet. There are many older people who go back to education to fulfill their dreams. Hope I’ve been some help. I’ll also message you :smile:

Sorry I can’t message you lol it’s an anonymous post.
Reply 3

i am honestly praying for you and honestly take things one at a time, speak to God abt your worries and He will lead and guide you in the right direction, God Bless you abundantly

Quick Reply

Latest