TYFEZ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've just started my gcses,can some people give me tips to revise FRENCH.I want at least 6-7 at GCSE.

THANKS
bizarre fields
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think for french it’s helpful to remember that your grades are split into different components

Reading - make sure you know how your dictionary works and have a solid knowledge of vocabulary so you don’t have to constantly flick through your dictionary. The easiest way to do this is essentially do past papers and see what kind of level of vocabulary is in them.

Listening - similar to reading. It’s important to build your vocabulary up so you can hear key words and at least ‘guess’ if you don’t know the full sentence. You should have a list of all the topics you are covering school, work, weather etc so if you learn vocabulary within those sections you should be fine.

Talking - it’s important to know the correct pronunciation and understand how questions are formatted in case the teachers asks questions about your talk. When I was doing it we basically got given the questions in advance but it’s still important to practice your talk aloud slowly and make sure the pronunciation is on point.

Writing - make sure you understand how french grammar works (this helps with reading too) know your present, past, conditional, future etc and be able to use them with regular verbs (you should have tables of irregular verbs at the back of your dictionary so you probably don’t need to memorise them). Understand the rules for feminine and male nouns as well as plurals as simple things like this can trip you up in an exam setting. Have a few pre learned go to phrases for your writing like paragraph starters ( Additionally, However, On the other hand, Finally, In conclusion etc)

There isn’t really a one size fits all with French it can be quite a tricky subject to study for. But if you understand the grammar well enough to manipulate it and read it correctly and have a broad range of vocabulary you should be fine
TYFEZ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks alot, really appreciate your help.😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (166)
66.4%
No (84)
33.6%

Watched Threads