what are adult nursing interviews like for Brighton uni? Watch

corriesh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I've got an interview with Brighton for nursing really soon and I just don't know what to expect. Anyone got any experiences they can share?
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by corriesh)
Hi, I've got an interview with Brighton for nursing really soon and I just don't know what to expect. Anyone got any experiences they can share?
I'd recommend having a look at our interview advice here which should give you some advice about what to expect:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5084328

It's worth bearing in mind that the university will tell you anything it wants you to know prior to the interview, so there generally isn't any need to try to delve much deeper.
corriesh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thanks, thats really helpful :-)
Chrissyl88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a interview on the 29th for brighton and cant decide what to wear !!
Emslie2014
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by corriesh)
I had an interview at Brighton university and received a conditional offer. The interview process was laid back. They collected my documents, we listened to a presentation by the lecturer (similar to the stuff you hear at an open day). There is a 5 minute literacy test 6 short questions, know your 6 c's. There was a short tour around the campus and a free cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate. You get to talk to the student ambassadors. The MMI were in groups of 3 or 4 in the room, but the interviews were 1:1. There were 4 stations that lasted 4 minutes each, i got 2 picture questions and 2 written questions at the stations.

When are you hoping to start?
Last edited by Emslie2014; 4 weeks ago
Emslie2014
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chrissyl88)
I have a interview on the 29th for brighton and cant decide what to wear !!
I went with a comfortable smart top, smart black trousers and black shoes. Everyone at my interview day were wearing smart casual. Good luck When are you applying for 2020/2021?
Chrissyl88
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emslie2014)
I went with a comfortable smart top, smart black trousers and black shoes. Everyone at my interview day were wearing smart casual. Good luck When are you applying for 2020/2021
hi , yes I was thinking smart black trousers , may have to go shopping for a smart top ha.

I have applied for 20/21 yes but at Falmer campus not Eastbourne .Well done on your offer, is it your firm choice?

In terms of the 6cs , is it asked in the interview section or during the written test bit please?
Emslie2014
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi , yes I was thinking smart black trousers , may have to go shopping for a smart top ha.

I have applied for 20/21 yes but at Falmer campus not Eastbourne .Well done on your offer, is it your firm choice?

In terms of the 6cs , is it asked in the interview section or during the written test bit please?
The 6 C's make up 5/6 of the literature test questions.

Yes, i have confirmed Brighton as my firm (and only) choice.
Chrissyl88
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emslie2014)
The 6 C's make up 5/6 of the literature test questions.

Yes, i have confirmed Brighton as my firm (and only) choice.
Ahhh sounds strange but I’d much rather have the 6c bit as written , rather than vocal , not even sure why ha .

ive just gotten Surrey interview through too ! X
Emslie2014
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahhh sounds strange but I’d much rather have the 6c bit as written , rather than vocal , not even sure why ha .

ive just gotten Surrey interview through too ! X
Congratulations and good luck!! x
SARAHJAYNE52
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I went for interview/selection day last Feb (2019) and was really nervous but it was absolutely fine. The selection day consisted of a quick course overview and then Maths and English tests (entry tests). Again, I was really nervous, especially after reading about them in forums, but again, I really needn’t of worried! If you haven’t done any maths for a while then try and brush up. The questions were easy enough though. Once the tests have been passed, you move on to the interviews which is a room with 5/6 stations and an interviewer at each station. It’s a few minutes for each person and the time goes very quick! They will ask you to pick an image (E.g. a person in a wheelchair) and then they will ask you how you could help that person. It’s quite easy and it’s all down to common sense a lot of the time. They will ask you to tell them what the 6 P’s in Nursing mean so try to remember these. You can look these up online. They will ask why you want to be a nurse.They will ask you what qualities you possess as a future nurse. Relax!Don’t work yourself up and you’ll be fine. They are desperate for nursing students so this is in your favour right from the start. I start my course in two weeks time. I’m quite nervous but I probably have nothing to worry about.
Emslie2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's awesome Are you going to be at the Eastbourne campus? I have a conditional offer starting Feb 2021.
SARAHJAYNE52
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes Eastbourne campus. Mature student and have already been to Brighton. Now I’m older, I need a quiet life lol
Emslie2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Let us know how induction goes I'm also a 'mature' student (25), I have 2 children under 5yrs.
SARAHJAYNE52
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I will! I’m 32 with 3 children (19m, 7 & 14) due to start in two weeks and have no timetable yet so don’t know exactly what childcare I need which is super helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (297)
60.37%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.88%