Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how many of you have been to a massive party before going of to work the following day, how did you cope with it also has anyone slept over at a mates house then quickly gone of to work early in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Ive went out, gotten pissed, came home at half fourish and then stumbled around my house for a good hour before going to sleep to wake up two hours later for work.

I dont really get hangovers but Im certain I woke up a little drunk. Just drink loooooads of water and try not to think too much..

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few times. Just didn't get excessively drunk (or if I did, I drank plenty of water before bed) so I felt absolutely fine in the morning. Bit sleepy but coffee = a godsend

And yeah I've stayed over at a mates and woken up at 6 to have a shower before leaving the house before she even woke up :laugh: Left a note though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You've just got to focus on getting through the day, and perhaps don't get completely rat arsed so the hangover sets in whilst you're at work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kashya)
    Ive went out, gotten pissed, came home at half fourish and then stumbled around my house for a good hour before going to sleep to wake up two hours later for work.

I dont really get hangovers but Im certain I work up a little drunk. Just drink loooooads of water and try not to think too much..
    You're still drunk now.

ReputationRep:
    The feeling is **ing great ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    You're still drunk now.
    Unfortunately not.

ReputationRep:
    I did this last week, got in about 3.30ish and had to get up at 5.30 for work. It went ok apart from hitting myself in the nose with a vaccume cleaner :-/

I'm likely to be doing the exact same thing next week...

ReputationRep:
    Last Saturday i had to work, after travelling back from London and partying etc, slept for a whopping 1 hour after an exhausting day, to work a manic busy Saturday. Wasn't fun in the slightest, totally throws off your sleeping pattern and you feel groggy all day, a walking zombie.
    But it's not the first time I've done it and not the last time either! Much better to go out and be wild, than to go 'sorry, ill pass, work in the morning...'

ReputationRep:
    yep, it was fine at first because i think i was still a bit drunk but then as the morning went on, i started developing a hangover and my head was pounding. i dont like doing it though because works bad enough when you feel fine without the annoyance of a hangover

ReputationRep:
    Lots of my friends do that. Stumble home four/five ish and get to work at 9. They seem fine.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it a lot recently. I've fortunatly managed to switch all my shifts for 10:30/12:30 starts, so it wasn't that bad. It also helps that my Mum is the manager. And also it REALLY helped that once I had the excuse that I had fallen off a trampoline and twisted my ankle so I got a seat for the day!

ReputationRep:
    I expect the majority of employers assume a fair few of their teenage and 20 something workers will come in hungover, often

I know I used to, don't have a job atm.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to drink only a few glasses at the maximum if I know I have to work the next morning as I have an 8 hour shift which is horrible if I have to deal with customers whilst hungover.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get drunk on a day before work (ie. don't drink more than some 4 pints or half a bottle of wine). I prefer to keep my job.

I do party before uni days, though. Hangover in a lecture is no big deal, they won't fire me from uni for that. From work they might.

ReputationRep:
    yup got in at 4 had work at 6 for 9 hours funnnnnnnnn

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.