Which car should i get as a first time driver(just passed my test in an automatic)

Watch this thread
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am really stuck. I need help which car should i get. I am limited to an automatic since i passed in an automatic. I am looking to buy second hand cars and my budget is £3000

I am looking for what i posted down below(renault clio 2013 automatic) however, it does not seem to have air conditioning listed. I am also looking for bluetooth and a reverse camera which it seems not to have. Any ideas appreciated.

https://www.rac.co.uk/cars/car-55394069?i=8&m=sp

Features

• ABS
  • Alarm
  • Alloy wheels
  • Bluetooth connection
  • Climate control
  • Cruise control
  • Electric door mirrors
  • Folding rear seats
  • Front electric windows
  • Front fog lights
  • Heated door mirrors
  • Height adjustable drivers seat
  • Immobiliser
  • Isofix child seat anchor points
  • Navigation system
  • PAS
  • Passenger airbag
  • Radio/CD
  • Rear electric windows
  • Remote central locking
  • Reverse parking aid
  • Service indicator
  • Side airbags
  • Trip computer
  • USB/iPod interface
999QR
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Bro, get a mustang, I'm getting one soon.
I would choose a mustang over a lambo.
User.na.me
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I would say that it depends on what features that you want from the car and if you would rather have systems in the car or a separate one eg separate sat nav or one incorporated, would you give me an idea of your areas i could send you some cars if you give me a list of features you want since I'm not busy today.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blackstarr)
I am really stuck. I need help which car should i get. I am limited to an automatic since i passed in an automatic. I am looking to buy second hand cars and my budget is £3000

I am looking for what i posted down below(renault clio 2013 automatic) however, it does not seem to have air conditioning listed. I am also looking for bluetooth and a reverse camera which it seems not to have. Any ideas appreciated.

Features

• ABS
  • Alarm
  • Alloy wheels
  • Bluetooth connection
  • Climate control
  • Cruise control
  • Electric door mirrors
  • Folding rear seats
  • Front electric windows
  • Front fog lights
  • Heated door mirrors
  • Immobiliser
  • Navigation system
  • PAS
  • Passenger airbag
  • Radio/CD
  • Rear electric windows
  • Remote central locking
  • Reverse parking aid
  • Service indicator
  • Side airbags
  • Trip computer
  • USB/iPod interface
All irrelevant. You are a new driver. Insurance is going to be horrendous. Bluetooth. Why . Just get something you can afford. A citroen c1
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

Features

• ABS
  • Alarm
  • Alloy wheels
  • Bluetooth connection
  • Climate control
  • Cruise control
  • Electric door mirrors
  • Folding rear seats
  • Front electric windows
  • Front fog lights
  • Heated door mirrors
  • Immobiliser
  • Navigation system
  • PAS
  • Passenger airbag
  • Radio/CD
  • Rear electric windows
  • Remote central locking
  • Reverse parking aid
  • Service indicator
  • Side airbags
  • Trip computer
  • USB/iPod interface
It does have air con aka climate control. It also lists bluetooth.

I think you need someone who knows about cars to take you out to test drive them and check them over.
AH-64 APACHE
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999QR)
you won't get half those features on a auto car for around 3k. You could have got a manual with this stuff included, but the auto premiums mean you'll just have to compromise.
AH-64 APACHE
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AH-64 APACHE)
you won't get half those features on a auto car for around 3k. You could have got a manual with this stuff included, but the auto premiums mean you'll just have to compromise.
meant to qoute OP not you but my point still stands.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Jag XF
999QR
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AH-64 APACHE)
meant to qoute OP not you but my point still stands.
for me the features don't matter a mustang is a mustang
sorry for not being helpful
TheYearNiner
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
why do u need rear view camera?
TheYearNiner
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
interior is so ugly like fiat 500's. better of using autotrader and choosing a less gadgety car
AH-64 APACHE
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999QR)
for me the features don't matter a mustang is a mustang
sorry for not being helpful
no I didn't mean you, they'll never buy a mustang. I meant this to the thread's creator
Audrey18
Report 2 years ago
AH-64 APACHE TheYearNiner 999QR Blackstarr

you need to watch this before any decision is made

Blackstarr
(Original post by User.na.me)
Hi,

I would say that it depends on what features that you want from the car and if you would rather have systems in the car or a separate one eg separate sat nav or one incorporated, would you give me an idea of your areas i could send you some cars if you give me a list of features you want since I'm not busy today.
Well, I posted above what I look for. If you could help that would be appreciated. My budget is £3000 max so anything like that or below in pricing
Blackstarr
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
All irrelevant. You are a new driver. Insurance is going to be horrendous. Bluetooth. Why . Just get something you can afford. A citroen c1
Do they have a citroen C1 in an automatic? all the car reviews I see on youtube are mainly for manual cars
(Original post by nutz99)
It does have air con aka climate control. It also lists bluetooth.

I think you need someone who knows about cars to take you out to test drive them and check them over.

I am afraid I don't have anyone. No one in my family can help me as I am the first one to drive. No one knows about cars etc cuz they don't drive or own one
Last edited by Blackstarr; 2 years ago
Blackstarr
(Original post by 999QR)
whats a mustang....never heard of it?
Blackstarr
Audrey18

I will watch it now, but its easier said than done....I just feel overwhelmed right now.....I have watched tons of reviews/ advice but its too much information that is making my head go nuts.

I honestly don't know you know....
Blackstarr
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
why do u need rear view camera?

Si can see where I am going when I park or reverse in a bay
999QR
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
whats a mustang....never heard of it?
actually, or are you joking?
if not it's an American Muscle Car. with a V8 engine and almost 500 horsepower.
Blackstarr
I am asuming that stands for a jaguar XF?
(Original post by 999QR)
actually, or are you joking?
if not it's an American Muscle Car. with a V8 engine and almost 500 horsepower.
Yh, didnt know until i looked it up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads