gcses2020L
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
if i start revising now in january consistently for around 20h per week or 3 hours most days, is it possible to get all 8 and 9s? how can i boost my grades? currently nothing below a 5, a few higher grades 7 and 8s and one 9.
thanks x
Liarenne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes. Just revise everyday for at least 3 hours but make sure not to burn yourself out. Those hours will add up and help you boost your grades up significantly
Liarenne
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Liarenne)
Yes. Just revise everyday for at least 3 hours but make sure not to burn yourself out. Those hours will add up and help you boost your grades up significantly
Btw, what year are you in? I’m in year 10 and could really need someone to chat to.
gcses2020L
Rep:
?
thank you!! i'll try my best
gcses2020L
Rep:
?
Btw, what year are you in? I’m in year 10 and could really need someone to chat to.
i'm in year 11 hehe, talk to me whenever u need to x
Liarenne
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gcses2020L)
i'm in year 11 hehe, talk to me whenever u need to x
Hiii x
So I kind of need some advice.
1. Should I revise in year 10?
2. Do year 10 mocks really matter? (I have them this month)
3. I want to talk biology and chemistry at a level so I can study zoology at uni. I am on combined higher and i am scared I will not get that grade 6 I need to take on a biology course at a level.
4. Does almost everyone start out bad in year 10 and get better grades in year 11?
If you could answer these as best you can with your experience it would be greatly appreciated. I am stressing myself out so much. Oh and one more question about stress: should I be stressing so much even though I’m in year 10?
Thanks!
Last edited by Liarenne; 2 weeks ago
gcses2020L
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hiii x
So I kind of need some advice.
1. Should I revise in year 10?
2. Do year 10 mocks really matter? (I have them this month)
3. I want to talk biology and chemistry at a level so I can study zoology at uni. I am on combined higher and i am scared I will not get that grade 6 I need to take on a biology course at a level.
4. Does almost everyone start out bad in year 10 and get better grades in year 11?
If you could answer these as best you can with your experience it would be greatly appreciated. I am stressing myself out so much. Oh and one more question about stress: should I be stressing so much even though I’m in year 10?
Thanks!
hey again, so sorry for slow reply.
1. i would say it's a good idea, not all the time but revise for all of the small tests you have as it will all add up and help you later
2. not the results, but please act as if they do. don't get too stressed if u can avoid it but treat them seriously because it's really good practice
3. i believe the max u can get for foundation is a 5, so make sure you work really hard for science now and then talk to your teachers and ask a lot to do higher if u really want those grades.
4. everyone is different, but yes everyone improves lots from y10-11 if u mean that. u have the power and potential to completely change ur grades before gcse, don't waste it! teachers also help more and more as it goes along, tbh the potential is only yours and work is proportional to results so in stead of worrying just make sure you're on top of everything and you'll feel good
finally stress. it's normal to be stressed, but you really don't need to be. you have ages and i promise it'll be ok. don't sacrifice ur mental health for exams especially as u still have lots of time, you can revise now but don't overwork and prioritise your health over everything or you'll burn out.
good luck xx
xx_itxkodixx
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Revise but give yourself breaks otherwise you'll not focus properly. And remember stressing is the worst thing you can ever do, so if you feel like you're getting to the point where you're gonna stress, then take a break, go for a walk, get fresh air. Trust me it helps a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (83)
13.7%
1 (82)
13.53%
2 (79)
13.04%
19.8%
21.29%
18.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed