Worried about getting good grade

Watch
Bunz4Gunz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m a year 2 student who’s studying marketing, I’ve had a rough 1st semester and despite averaging 70% last year, I’m now averaging 52%. I think I can pull it back in semester 2 and 3rd year but what’s the massive deal of getting a 2:1 like I know it’s important but would one grade really determine my future despite having a good work ethic and strong CV. I wanna get a 2:1 but worry a 2:2 is on the cards. Anyone in the marketing or business profession know what it’s like? I know jobs are around in the growing marketing departments but has a 2:2 really stopped you from growing? Thanks
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bunz4Gunz)
I’m a year 2 student who’s studying marketing, I’ve had a rough 1st semester and despite averaging 70% last year, I’m now averaging 52%. I think I can pull it back in semester 2 and 3rd year but what’s the massive deal of getting a 2:1 like I know it’s important but would one grade really determine my future despite having a good work ethic and strong CV. I wanna get a 2:1 but worry a 2:2 is on the cards. Anyone in the marketing or business profession know what it’s like? I know jobs are around in the growing marketing departments but has a 2:2 really stopped you from growing? Thanks
A 2:1 is needed for a lot of career sectors, and even then it's considered the minimum for most grad schemes - you'll be competing with those with firsts too. While a good work ethic is important, your CV won't necessarily be considered as strong if you don't have at least a 2:1. While a 2:2 isn't the end of the world, in reality it can close certain doors for you, so it's in your interest to do as well as you can.

You should make it a priority to pull your marks up, and address any issues that are causing you to dip (i.e. take advantage of all the resources available at your university).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads