shainaaa.aaaa12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Reasons why there are slow rate of urban growth in many High Income Countries.
carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shainaaa.aaaa12)
Reasons why there are slow rate of urban growth in many High Income Countries.
Hi there, I'm currently in Yr11 studying GCSE AQA geography and recently revised urbanisation so here's a few I can think of:

Most of the population live in urban areas already due to things such as the industrial revolution. (They moved there as there seemed to be an improved quality of life, more jobs available etc..)

Many people now desire to live in rural areas where there is less congestion and noise pollution etc...

Transport links have grown stronger so people can now live in rural areas whilst still being able to get transport to areas for work etc..
shainaaa.aaaa12
Rep:
?
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
Hi there, I'm currently in Yr11 studying GCSE AQA geography and recently revised urbanisation so here's a few I can think of:

Most of the population live in urban areas already due to things such as the industrial revolution. (They moved there as there seemed to be an improved quality of life, more jobs available etc..)

Many people now desire to live in rural areas where there is less congestion and noise pollution etc...

Transport links have grown stronger so people can now live in rural areas whilst still being able to get transport to areas for work etc..
I really need to ask like how do you revise for geography? Is there a specification you look at?t hen if so can you please share it with me.

I am really trying to aim 7 or above for this. Another question my teacher has only taught us urbanisation since september but that is the only topic we learnt since like I joined y10 in september and I am starting to revise for mocks this month, what would you do? Only look at urbanisation or go through everything before your teacher does?
carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really need to ask like how do you revise for geography? Is there a specification you look at?t hen if so can you please share it with me.

I am really trying to aim 7 or above for this. Another question my teacher has only taught us urbanisation since september but that is the only topic we learnt since like I joined y10 in september and I am starting to revise for mocks this month, what would you do? Only look at urbanisation or go through everything before your teacher does?
I have mocks next week for geog paper 2 and then one for paper 3 and I'll be honest for me, geography is one of the subjects I struggle to revise for. Currently, I have just been making flashcards for the case studies etc.. as I've run out of time to write up notes. For your mock I'd look at what paper you're doing and then look at a revision guide for what to study for it or use the internet and you can always ask your teacher about what to revise.

Good luck with your mock
hannahwrighttx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm currently doing a level geography and hope to study it at uni in September so I hope I can help.
One reason would be that there is generally a higher level of education and awareness in MEDCs, meaning that they are aware of the consequences of urbanisation and have the capacity to implement measures to slow the rate of urban growth (think London's greenbelt)
Another would be that MEDCs have often already undergone rapid urbanisation through the likes of industrial revolutions etc. in order to grow their economy, meaning that their phase of rapid growth has been and gone.
You could discuss it relatively to LEDCs, where people often move to cities to seek higher quality of life etc, whereas in MEDCs there is often still high quality of life in rural areas. Rural areas are popular with the older population when they retire etc. Additionally, MEDCs usually have better transport links, meaning people can live in the suburbs where the houses are usually bigger and still commute into the cities for work, where the wages are usually higher.
iiahmxd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hannahwrighttx)
Hi, I'm currently doing a level geography and hope to study it at uni in September so I hope I can help.
One reason would be that there is generally a higher level of education and awareness in MEDCs, meaning that they are aware of the consequences of urbanisation and have the capacity to implement measures to slow the rate of urban growth (think London's greenbelt)
Another would be that MEDCs have often already undergone rapid urbanisation through the likes of industrial revolutions etc. in order to grow their economy, meaning that their phase of rapid growth has been and gone.
You could discuss it relatively to LEDCs, where people often move to cities to seek higher quality of life etc, whereas in MEDCs there is often still high quality of life in rural areas. Rural areas are popular with the older population when they retire etc. Additionally, MEDCs usually have better transport links, meaning people can live in the suburbs where the houses are usually bigger and still commute into the cities for work, where the wages are usually higher.
I do A Level Geography too. What examboard are you on?
hannahwrighttx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iiahmxd)
I do A Level Geography too. What examboard are you on?
Edexcel
shainaaa.aaaa12
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahwrighttx)
Thank you so much! Can you please give me advise. So, i started y10 and my teacher only taught us urbanisation, sustainable city and that. I am revising geography GCSE this month shall I just revise the whole it earlier or wait for my teacher to teach me it.
hannahwrighttx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much! Can you please give me advise. So, i started y10 and my teacher only taught us urbanisation, sustainable city and that. I am revising geography GCSE this month shall I just revise the whole it earlier or wait for my teacher to teach me it.
Focus your revision on the topics you have already studied, and then read ahead on the other topics before you study them. I'm not saying try and completely learn it all beforehand but I always find it helpful to have a basic understanding before the lessons, and then revise it properly once you've learnt the topics. Any other questions let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (312)
84.1%
No (59)
15.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed