The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I would leave it in the account, and tell noone. Forget about it, and spend it in a few years if noones claimed it. Probably when I left uni, if noone had claimed it by then, its doubtful they ever would.
Reply 61
My parents would bail me out. I'd withdraw all the money and claim I'd spent it on a holiday (so non-returnable: in reality it would be put into another account). If accused of theft, I would say I thought it was the money my parents had promised to put in my account (they've started to put a little bit in each month as I'm seriously broke) and my parents would back me up on that, even if that hadn't promised me any money that month. Or ever!
As far as I'm concerned, they can't force me to pay it back; I'd close my account. If you go into a shop and see a £100 jacket with a 'sale' sign on it with no indication of how much it's been reduced by and you buy it and are only charged £5 instead of the actual £50 sale price and you go home and 'damage' the jacket so it is unreturnable, there's no way the shop owners can send you a bill. And I refuse to believe the bank can do the same thing.

I would be willing to take them to court on that. *fights_wildy_for_the_hypothetical_money* :mad:
Reply 62
Riolent Vapist
Yeah, 'cos they didn't catch the Canoe Man from there, did they.

Oh, wait...

Well no, didn't he walk into a police station? Can'nae remember. :confused:
I'd go to tiffany...

but I'd make sure I didn't spend so much that my card got flagged up with unusual behavior. Just act casual! :ninja2:
Reply 64
I'd ring my bank and query it.
Reply 65
gm15
Except they have cameras at cash machines so they could just look at the footage and tell it was you.

Except I'd wear a large hat and duffel coat as to hide my identity, perhaps a mask... as would any thief who knew there were cameras.
Reply 66
Id like to think id tell the bank:smile: it would be tempting to spend it but i know theyd ask for it back, spent or not, if they found out! And it must be someone's money and id be devastated if my money dissapeared into someone else's account, so id feel bad for whoever it was and id hope that someone would do the same for me!

love it!

'Only then did the penny drop that the money was not his...'

:toofunny:

I know they say the government is pouring money into education, but £2m EMA payments are probably unnecessary....
ignore it and after a while and nobody has said anything i would assume it is mine and just continue as normal, maybe buy a little present for self but just be grateful for massive boost in bank balance
Reply 69
Isn't there like a law where if something's in your possession for over 6 months it's like legally a third yours?

Latest

Trending

Trending