The Student Room Group

HELP - MSc Psychology student

Hi Guys

I'm an MSc Psychology student. I need help with one of my models (Statistics). One of my assignments for the said module is to write a research proposal for a contemporary issue with anything in practice (Business related) and use SPSS to solve/study the issue.

I need to use ideally ANOVA's, t-test etc..

I have no idea where to start in terms of identifying an issue. Any help will be appreciated.
Just read the 'business' subsection of BBC News (or other preference) and get some ideas for topics.
Reply 2
If you’re an MSc student surely you’ve done this before? Unless you’re a conversion student. What’s the context?

Does it have to be business related? Or is that just something you chose?

You’ve got two ways of identifying issues. You can start with the literature, perusing any relevant journals for articles of interest and looking at what the future directions for research would be. Or you can start with looking at the world around you, looking at the news for anything you think would raise questions for psychologists and then look at the literature to see what has already been published on the topic.

Your research question will then determine the types of statistical tests you need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending