An offer for Remainers Watch

LiberOfLondon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It has come to my attention that some Remainers will boycott the Brexit 50p and refuse to take it in change. Therefore, I am setting up a business to spare Tarquin and Giselda's feelings. Remainers can give me their Brexit 50ps, and I will give them 33p im change, which they can only spend on things I want them to spend it on. Anything they spend this money on must have a picture of me by it, with the words ”Partially funded by LiberOfLondon”. As well as providing them with inclusive pro-European currency, it will also help make them feel as if they are still in the EU.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
It has come to my attention that some Remainers will boycott the Brexit 50p and refuse to take it in change. Therefore, I am setting up a business to spare Tarquin and Giselda's feelings. Remainers can give me their Brexit 50ps, and I will give them 33p im change, which they can only spend on things I want them to spend it on. Anything they spend this money on must have a picture of me by it, with the words ”Partially funded by LiberOfLondon”. As well as providing them with inclusive pro-European currency, it will also help make them feel as if they are still in the EU.
Just to let you know, I've moved this to UK Politics since it is Brexit-related.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Just to let you know, I've moved this to UK Politics since it is Brexit-related.
Cheers :ta:
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's funny mate
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cool. What's your web address?
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd love a customer at work to refuse a Brexit 50p. I wouldn't change for them either. Seeing them rage over a coin would be hilarious. Having a temper tantrum over a coin summarises a lot of remainers: childish lunatics
jacoop1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
I'd love a customer at work to refuse a Brexit 50p. I wouldn't change for them either. Seeing them rage over a coin would be hilarious. Having a temper tantrum over a coin summarises a lot of remainers: childish lunatics
Yeah, Erasmus + and all other rights including your professional qualifications no longer being recognized automatically slipping away and you're here calling remainers childish lunatics lol
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jacoop1)
Yeah, Erasmus + and all other rights including your professional qualifications no longer being recognized automatically slipping away and you're here calling remainers childish lunatics lol
Erasmus+ is ending for the whole of the EU this year anyway. It's replacement hasn't been finalised yet. The rest is hyperbole
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That sounds like a good deal. After all, your 50p will only be worth 33p compared to 2016 values before long, and that is before EU tarrifs and red tape further push up food prices. Still, its ok because we have US chlorinated, GM factory farmed chicken to look forward to. Can't wait. 😁
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by jacoop1)
We aren't the ones who can't accept democracy.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We aren't the ones who can't accept democracy
How is it democracy when you wouldn't accept the remoaner demand of a second referendum. People can change their minds
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
How is it democracy when you wouldn't accept the remoaner demand of a second referendum. People can change their minds
I can't tell if this is satire or not.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't tell if this is satire or not.
That's the worrying thing. It's so difficult to tell if a clearly nonsensical position is serious or not

(it was satire)
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully there will never be another referendum in this country ever again, they don't work never have and never will.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
That's the worrying thing. It's so difficult to tell if a clearly nonsensical position is serious or not

(it was satire)
Poe's Law in action.
”Any parody of a Christian fundamentalist (or Remoaner) will eventually be mistaken for the real thing”
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Hopefully there will never be another referendum in this country ever again, they don't work never have and never will.
Only the losers say they don't work
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What does 'working' have to do with it?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not true, I voted leave and have voiced a pro leave pro democracy argument on here consistently. Referda and parliamentary democracy don't mix.

(Original post by Napp)
What does 'working' have to do with it?
What's the point of doing something that doesn't?
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
funny.. wrong obviously, but still funny.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
What's the point of doing something that doesn't?
My point was more that whether referendums work or not is immaterial in this context.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (17)
24.29%
My career doesn't need one (7)
10%
I'm sick of studying (14)
20%
I can't find a course I want to do (2)
2.86%
I don't know enough about them (8)
11.43%