The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've never had any change of emotion/mood. :biggrin: Woo.

Probably cursed myself now...
Reply 21
bean87
i can piss standing up
have a phone conversation <30 seconds
open my own jars
be single at 35 and no-one care
car mechanics tell me the truth
get paid more for the same work
i don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt
can do the xmas shopping for 20 relatives in under an hour on december 24th
wedding plans take care of themselves

oh and grey hair and wrinkles just add character

Sir, I bow down to thee!!!:clap2:
Reply 22
Kill someone. You'll have a reduced sentence.

I feel very sorry for people who have PMS badly every month. I have it badly, if at all probably 3 times a year..then hot water bottle and cake helps!
Gutted. I'm happy I'm a MAN :yeah:
kamie
I have never heard anyone else mention about the back pain. All my friends think that it's weird my hot water bottle goes on my back, not stomach. The pill helps, but it's still there.

On a general note, for pain take Feminax. It's fantastic stuff and I tend to take Ibuprofen two hours after, with both on four hour cycles, just for the two worst days.

http://www.feminax.co.uk/range/range.htm

I haven't tried the Ultra type, but more pain relief is always good!

How does Feminax compare with 800mgs of Ibuprofen? I have a bitch of a time on the first day, we're talking cramps so painful that 8 months out of 12 I end up throwing up :eek: Last month it was unbearable pain, I could barely walk to get the tablets and even after I'd shoved them down my neck rapid time, I felt just about the same, an hour later the pain went from a 25 to... a 23. :no:

I am a complete cow most of the time when I'm PMSing. But only to my parents, so any future flat mates are safe (as long as they done mind me shouting "OH MY GOD WHHHHHHHHHHY THE **** AM I A WOMAN!" in the night)
Reply 25
I hate this bloody time of the month aswell :sad:
Lauzie89
Im sitting here right now in a mood and letting every little thing get to me and feel like cryin my eyes out!
Just realised im due on so puttin it down to that
Also the past few days i have been constantly hungry no matter how much ive eaten and craved choclate
im also quite bloated and had bad tummy ache yday

These are all symptoms of being due on and just cant believe ive got them all! Im actually not exaggerating either ive just sat here and noticed that ive got all them things!
I started 5 years ago aswell and only just thought about it.. how weird!

Being a girl sucks!
Anyone else know how I feel?!
aww poor old you

hey i may not be a girl but here is a free hug.......... "hug"

hope things improve...
Reply 27
you may not be a girl samperry, but you MIGHT be gay

check out your corpus callosum
Reply 28
kiss_me_now9
How does Feminax compare with 800mgs of Ibuprofen? I have a bitch of a time on the first day, we're talking cramps so painful that 8 months out of 12 I end up throwing up :eek: Last month it was unbearable pain, I could barely walk to get the tablets and even after I'd shoved them down my neck rapid time, I felt just about the same, an hour later the pain went from a 25 to... a 23. :no:

I am a complete cow most of the time when I'm PMSing. But only to my parents, so any future flat mates are safe (as long as they done mind me shouting "OH MY GOD WHHHHHHHHHHY THE **** AM I A WOMAN!" in the night)

It's got codeine in it, which gives it that extra umph. I find that taking the two together works really well, however I'd advise checking with your doctor or practice nurse. Mine said it was fine for me.

I've just been looking at the ULTRA ones, and they have something to stop uterus contractions (ie the cramping).

Have you seen your doctor? They can prescribe stronger pain killers, and maybe some stuff to stop you being sick too. As well as this they can suggest some things which may help such as the pill etc.
kamie
It's got codeine in it, which gives it that extra umph. I find that taking the two together works really well, however I'd advise checking with your doctor or practice nurse. Mine said it was fine for me.

I've just been looking at the ULTRA ones, and they have something to stop uterus contractions (ie the cramping).

Have you seen your doctor? They can prescribe stronger pain killers, and maybe some stuff to stop you being sick too. As well as this they can suggest some things which may help such as the pill etc.

:no: I keep meaning to go, but I never remember to book the appointment.

Something on the Feminax website made me go hmmm though, it says on there that cramps are sometimes caused by the muscles in your uterus not getting enough oxygen and causing it to be painful, for the last couple of months my breathing has been kinda screwy - Never really feel like I get enough air at times. Should really go and see the docs about that too...

I may try them at some point, I think I should really go and see the drs though.
I had the worst period pain in 5 years the other day, it lasted for 2 days and was horrendous

kamie

On a general note, for pain take Feminax. It's fantastic stuff and I tend to take Ibuprofen two hours after, with both on four hour cycles, just for the two worst days.

http://www.feminax.co.uk/range/range.htm

I haven't tried the Ultra type, but more pain relief is always good!

ow wow does it actually work? I saw this stuff advertised but wasnt convinced. How long does it last for before the pains come back?
bean87
you may not be a girl samperry, but you MIGHT be gay

check out your corpus callosum

mate get lost.... i aint gay your are....
Reply 32
im not your mate

your are gay, me? grammar
Reply 33
Cherry Kisses
I had the worst period pain in 5 years the other day, it lasted for 2 days and was horrendous

ow wow does it actually work? I saw this stuff advertised but wasnt convinced. How long does it last for before the pains come back?

I take two feminax followed by two ibuprofen two hours later, then two hours later repeat! I do this from getting first getting pain for the two days or so, because that's when it is worse for me - I find that pain preludes period by about 4 hours, but everyone is different. I don't have to take during the night so I can keep within the recommended maximum daily doses. This totally kills the pain for me and apart from mood-swing-ness I can function normally; before I got into a routine with the pain-relief and discovered Feminax I had one day where I had to stay in bed because moving was agony.

I haven't tried the Feminax Ultra but I think they are more long-lasting, follow instructions on the packet - if I needed them I would try them but I have my routine that works for me so I don't want to mess it up!

Basically, follow the instructions on the packet, do not take paracetamol with Feminax as it is paracetamol based, but ibuprofen is fine (unless you can't take ibuprofen!).

If you are under 16, get an older sister or your mum to buy them for you as they are restricted for sale to under 16s. On the website it says 15 for Feminax and 16 for ULTRA, but I have a feeling the Feminax is safe for taking for 12+, though I don't know about ULTRA.

Hope this helps.
OP, at least you know when you're due on!! I'm currently awaiting tests for PCOS and have been off the pill for 3 weeks, and I'm a week late. It sucks all the more because I have PMT pretty much all month round on and off, hot flushes, pains in my ovaries and general peri-menapausal symptoms which suck balls.

I'd give anything to have normal, moody, painful periods back. I hate not knowing when it's gonna turn up!
bean87
im not your mate

your are gay, me? grammar

really just get lost....
kamie
I take two feminax followed by two ibuprofen two hours later, then two hours later repeat! I do this from getting first getting pain for the two days or so, because that's when it is worse for me - I find that pain preludes period by about 4 hours, but everyone is different. I don't have to take during the night so I can keep within the recommended maximum daily doses. This totally kills the pain for me and apart from mood-swing-ness I can function normally; before I got into a routine with the pain-relief and discovered Feminax I had one day where I had to stay in bed because moving was agony.

I haven't tried the Feminax Ultra but I think they are more long-lasting, follow instructions on the packet - if I needed them I would try them but I have my routine that works for me so I don't want to mess it up!

Basically, follow the instructions on the packet, do not take paracetamol with Feminax as it is paracetamol based, but ibuprofen is fine (unless you can't take ibuprofen!).

If you are under 16, get an older sister or your mum to buy them for you as they are restricted for sale to under 16s. On the website it says 15 for Feminax and 16 for ULTRA, but I have a feeling the Feminax is safe for taking for 12+, though I don't know about ULTRA.

Hope this helps.

ah thanks :smile: Yeh im 18 so can buy, can you purchase them over the counter or is it on prescription? Sounds real good
Ilora-Danon
OP, at least you know when you're due on!! I'm currently awaiting tests for PCOS and have been off the pill for 3 weeks, and I'm a week late. It sucks all the more because I have PMT pretty much all month round on and off, hot flushes, pains in my ovaries and general peri-menapausal symptoms which suck balls.

I'd give anything to have normal, moody, painful periods back. I hate not knowing when it's gonna turn up!

that aint good ...PCOS IS AWFUL... i have a friend who has it!...

it can lead to infertility!.... and other not very nice things
samperry209
that aint good ...PCOS IS AWFUL... i have a friend who has it!...

it can lead to infertility!.... and other not very nice things
The infertility stuff doesn't bother me, I don't want kids, but the other stuff like hot flushes and an inability to lose weight are the major bugbears for me. It's different for everyone I guess.
Ilora-Danon
The infertility stuff doesn't bother me, I don't want kids, but the other stuff like hot flushes and an inability to lose weight are the major bugbears for me. It's different for everyone I guess.

yep... i mean it can caused hair growth like in a man... but my mate she gets loads of flushes... shes like a middle aged woman in her menopause.... hot flush every 20 mins!!

Latest

Trending

Trending