Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samperry209)
    yep... i mean it can caused hair growth like in a man... but my mate she gets loads of flushes... shes like a middle aged woman in her menopause.... hot flush every 20 mins!!
    I know it well - I have to carry a battery powered hand fan in my handbag wherever I go.

ReputationRep:
    you have nearly all the same symptoms as me!! i feel so depressed when im on and like you everythin gets to me and i am very snappy and people tell me im horrible to them when im on my period. But when you bloat i bet its nothin compared to me!!...i look like im 6 months pregnant and do u know how many people ask me when my due date is...iss soo frustratin!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I know it well - I have to carry a battery powered hand fan in my handbag wherever I go.
    poor old you "hug".... hope your results come back negative in pcos....

ReputationRep:
    poor old you "hug".... hope your results come back negative in pcos....
    Thankyooou *hugs back*

ReputationRep:
    In the states, we have heating pads that have a sticky side, so you can wear them under your clothes - they're called ThermaCare Heat Wraps. I don't know if you have them in the pharmacies in England - but God, do I hope so for when I move over in September!

Otherwise, I'm a big fan of ibuprofen and Midol, which I guess is our version of Feminax, only without the codeine, which can actually make you constipated if taken in large amounts - I have a nurse for an aunt; it tends to lead towards knowing really random things about healthcare.

What I usually take to counteract cramps and mood swings is a nutritional supplement containing evening primrose oil and borage oil, which contain GLA (gamma-linoleic acid - an essential fatty acid) that helps regulate the cycle. It's a daily supplement, which is a bit much to take if you're not used to taking vitamins; but I know that when I went off of it I had the worst cramps of my life when I next had my period. Maybe a pharmacist or organic health food place would know of where to get something similar in the UK.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Thankyooou *hugs back*
    no problem ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    i can piss standing up
    have a phone conversation <30 seconds
    open my own jars
    be single at 35 and no-one care
    car mechanics tell me the truth
    get paid more for the same work
    i don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt
    can do the xmas shopping for 20 relatives in under an hour on december 24th
    wedding plans take care of themselves

oh and grey hair and wrinkles just add character
    Too bad you die earlier, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Too bad you die earlier, eh?
    its definately worth it

being an old lonely woman with dementure doesnt appeal to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    its definately worth it

being an old lonely woman with dementure doesnt appeal to me
    Yeah, I know.
    I was just trying to find some sort of hope.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Yes Yes...

My time of the month is unbareable. I have to go home from school everyyime I come on and normally go to the doctors, because I faint normally.
    & im only 15 and have had to put up with it since I was 9!!! 9!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Yes Yes Yes...

My time of the month is unbareable. I have to go home from school everyyime I come on and normally go to the doctors, because I faint normally.
    jesus...9! ...u started very early

ReputationRep:
    jesus...9! ...u started very early

I didn't even know what it was! lol, I might start a thread on when people started their periods, or would that be weird? Interesting though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Yes Yes...

ohmigod! I thought when I started at 12 I was early - you poor thing! Just out of curiosity - could the fainting be because you're not eating as much when you've come on? I know that was essentially what happened to my sister.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know what it was! lol, I might start a thread on when people started their periods, or would that be weird? Interesting though.
    nah it would be interesting... i think average would come out at about 11 or 12

poor old u must of been scared ****less when it started!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    ah thanks Yeh im 18 so can buy, can you purchase them over the counter or is it on prescription? Sounds real good
    Over the counter. I think there's a maximum level you can buy though, due to the strength of it - just like normal paracetamol etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannalee88)
    ohmigod! I thought when I started at 12 I was early - you poor thing! Just out of curiosity - could the fainting be because you're not eating as much when you've come on? I know that was essentially what happened to my sister.
    It could be, I normally am sick as well, which leads to my fainting
    The joys of periods!

ReputationRep:
    I have started a thread, on when you started your periods. Post please girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Aww I know its horrible but itll only last a few days and life will be good again. You will feel better soon :console:

And look on the bright side, us girls may have to put up with this every month but we dont pay for the cinema, cut the grass and we're allowed to cry at sad films without looking uncool :p:
    I have to cut the grass! AND I get periods! Hmph

ReputationRep:
    I have started a thread, on when you started your periods. Post please girls
    now this will be intresting xx

ReputationRep:
    now this will be intresting xx

most definitely

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.