The Student Room Group

Application

Hey guys!
I applied for the january deadline for a master's programme. i submitted the application long back. even though their website mentions like 6-8 weeks after 10th january for interview decisions, when do they usually reply by? its because I'm really hoping to get into !
(edited 4 years ago)
If you’ve applied for the January deadline for an undergraduate course at Oxford then your too late. Applications closed in October.
-whoops didn’t read the masters bit, sorry. X
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Hardik143
Hey guys!
I applied for the january deadline for a master's programme. i submitted the application long back. even though their website mentions like 6-8 weeks after 10th january for interview decisions, when do they usually reply by? its because I'm really hoping to get into !

The timelines for Masters application are unlike UG applications. For UGs, they are are scrupulous about sticking to very precise dates, but for Master's, they are all over the place. As you know, the decision to offer a place is made by the department and only later discussed to see which college you will end up at. Different departments seem to operate with very different ideas of what constitutes a timely response! So you may find yourself well ahead or well behind others applying for different courses. The only practical approach I can suggest is that you take a fairly relaxed attitude but dont be shy of contacting the department if you are concerned at hearing nothing.
Reply 3
oh! thank you so much! Great to see such a mature reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending