The Student Room Group

How can I balance out and revise effectively for A-Level Edexcel Math?

As far as my School have gone, I have 'done' all of Pure Math except the last two parts of Integration, Moments and Friction for Mechanics and yet to start AS Statistics (Though I have did a bit research ahead and understand PMCC).

I get that people here will tell to practise on papers and textbook Qs. However I feel I need to gain a better understanding in Math in terms of application. Sometimes my knowledge clicks in Qs but at the same time I miss it off entirely. While I am good on paper, I find it difficult to apply it on actual Qs (esp Qs with greater than 5 marks).

I currently am struggling with : Integration, Vectors (Proofs and complex 3D ones involving bearings), Parametric Equations and Modelling (Involving pretty much any topic) bc I simply struggle putting two and two together

Any revision tips and strategies to help me balance revising Pure/Mechanics and Statistics altogether would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Volkerbund1933
As far as my School have gone, I have 'done' all of Pure Math except the last two parts of Integration, Moments and Friction for Mechanics and yet to start AS Statistics (Though I have did a bit research ahead and understand PMCC).

I get that people here will tell to practise on papers and textbook Qs. However I feel I need to gain a better understanding in Math in terms of application. Sometimes my knowledge clicks in Qs but at the same time I miss it off entirely. While I am good on paper, I find it difficult to apply it on actual Qs (esp Qs with greater than 5 marks).

I currently am struggling with : Integration, Vectors (Proofs and complex 3D ones involving bearings), Parametric Equations and Modelling (Involving pretty much any topic) bc I simply struggle putting two and two together

Any revision tips and strategies to help me balance revising Pure/Mechanics and Statistics altogether would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried watching exams solutions videos, to get a greater understanding of the topics you find hard. Also, maybe the CGP revision guide may explain it in a way that you'll understand it better - I've heard good things about it.

Honestly, the best way to improve application imo is to do practice questions.

Quick Reply

Latest