Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone

i'm new to this forum but i need to let off some steam :rolleyes: :p:

I HATE FACEBOOK. I officially de registered off it two days ago and I honestly feel free. With 84 friends I kept checking it everyday thinking why are these people going to cool parties, and hotels with posh dinners, and like extravagant events....Am I the only one who spends long summer days painting my nails, sitting in the garden, watching Rugrats and then All Grown Up on TV......and annoying the hell out of my family, sometimes I might listen to my MP3 playa, or go on msn, or just generally chill out like a NORMAL HUMAN BEING? and argh on facebook people are constantly taking pictures like CONSTANTLY of stupid things (heres my dinner before i ate it and here is my dinner after i ate it) and one million people comment going LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that is hilarious - and plus the amount of people who stalk you! Bloody hell! I had over 272 requests I just could not be bothered to answer and I am sick of people updating their statuses every five seconds..............arghhh GIVE ME LIFE!!! GIVE ME GRASS WATER SUNSHINE!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO BE REDUCED TO UPDATING MY FACEBOOK EVERYTIME I FEEL SOMETHING!!

Am I alone :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Now breath.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Yes you are.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha this mad me laugh!
    bt ye facebook is annoyin but addictive

ReputationRep:
    I want some grass water sunshine.

ReputationRep:
    LOL you people reply fast haha

ReputationRep:
    No. I've actively avoided it for these very reasons. Plus snooping is just so addictive.

ReputationRep:
    I have facebook, and also newly polished nails, and a love for "Neds Declassified Survival Guide" on Nick. I can do both.

EDIT: I also saw Nick do some stupid thing with jails? In sheffield. They had to rhyme?!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i saw your profile and thought, gosh, thats boring.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. The main bit I agree with is the confusion over other people having incredibly busy and interesting lives...HOW? I just like sleeping over the summer, I barely have the energy for anything else and with many of my friend's doing all this, how am I not getting news of all this?

I never bother with the status, only if I'm doing something big or going on a trip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I want some grass water sunshine.
    me too. mee tooooo :no:

ReputationRep:
    Was this a first post? Because if it was I think it deserves some kind of forum prize.

ReputationRep:
    I just enjoy jacking off over some good photos.

ReputationRep:
    lol I second that...I absolutely abhor facebook its so pathetic the way people are caught up in it, don't they realise it will eventually die down like HI5, MySpace, Bebo etc. etc. Teachers for gods sake are on facebook now showing that they have a life lol. What really makes me laugh is single mothers below 16 advertising their babies, it's secondary school all over again. Everytime someone breaths, it will be noted on facebook. Ahh le joie de vivre..

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha! I agree with you 'to the maxxx'. You are not the only one. I try not to get tangled in the buzz of social networking, been there done that and I just grew out of it. Just do what you want

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you should create a group called "Facebook Haters"

Ooops, sorry you can't since you haven't got an account! :p:

I pity my poor sense of humour

ReputationRep:
    :yep: facebook it sad. that's why i never signed up in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    Not at all. The main bit I agree with is the confusion over other people having incredibly busy and interesting lives...HOW? I just like sleeping over the summer, I barely have the energy for anything else and with many of my friend's doing all this, how am I not getting news of all this?

I never bother with the status, only if I'm doing something big or going on a trip.

hahaha i knowhe extremely busy and interesting lives. but what i really don't understand is how people have time to take pictures if they ARE having a good time. If i'm out with my girls the last thing i think about is a my samsung whatever. I just enjoy reality and real people and real feelings and facebook is just so not that - its scary how digital it is. btw i'm not old or anything i'm 23 :P just incase i sound like my grandad

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you just ignore it, and then use it for when you actually wanted to so something - such as get in touch with an old friend or upload pictures of a night out? Its not like they send you emails every five minutes saying 'why are you not on facebook?'. Kind of an over reaction if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    I just enjoy jacking off over some good photos.
    same :ninja:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.