Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Facebook doesn't work on my computer so I can't get addicted to it really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wispa786)
    i was a 90's kid! All about watching fresh prince and telling your teacher "sorry miss my tamgotchi needs feeding" and then being put into detention, and playing stuck in the mud in the park with friends, or roller skating up and down the street........or going dizzy from rolling a yo yo up and down haha ninetys ruled!!!
    I can't wait for your memoirs.

ReputationRep:
    are we supposed to be excited by the fact that you've de-registered and congratulate you or something? use it if you want to use it and don't if you don't. it's up to individuals to use it for what they want
    tbh i wish people would stop acting like they're suddenly something wonderful when they stop using faceboook and that everyone who uses it is just wasting their time .... do what you want, no-one cares!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I hate Facebook too.

1. I joined your group I do not want a weekly newsletter about how many people care about atheism, I do not want to attend your event and I do not want to visit your sister website. I am so fed up with getting messages from you. Stop.

2. I do not want to be bitten, kissed, tested, loved, poked, super-poked, vampired, warewolfed, gayed, de-gayed, sexed-up or any of the awesomely stupid apps you have added to your bloated profile and it now takes me forever and a day to load up my friend requests. Get a life and stop doing tests.

3. Talk to people in real life instead of asking about 7 questions in each wall post. I know Facebook is useful to communicate with about little things but if you really miss someone that much ring them.

4. This is too addictive. I highly doubt anyone cares that I am cleaning my room and baking potatoes but I wrote it anyway. Not as bad as poor Whitney though who actually updated this through her phone, this is too sad.

5. A Snowball Experiment group? You know it works, you don't need to set up a group to prove that the more people who join a group then more people join.

6. These photos don't make you look attractive and not everyone needs to see them.
    I rofl'd because it's true.
    For these facts I have never joined facbook/myspace ect ect and will only do so possibly for a uni group.

ReputationRep:
    The 90's had everything. pogs, tamagotchi's, yo-yo's, rubics cubes, fresh prince, rugrats, zap! (I could talk all day about TV in the 90's.), radiohead, horrible clothing but kinda nice. It was colourful and strange and looked wrong but there was something comforting about the simplicity and stupidity of the clothes.
    So yeh, maybe it's not facebook just 00's.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Erm, it was just a rant love, just you know expressing an opinion. My opinion, that has no basis in fact and really didn't require such an immature comment from yourself. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    ^ sorry that was directed at alison.

ReputationRep:
    The pictures thing really annoys me. Girls especially do it a lot, put 232718941 photos of "me and my gurlies leaving the house", 5428839264 of "me and the gurlies on our way out...eeee!", 1236987923 of "me and the gurlies getting trashed + upskirt shots" and 118937475 of "me and the gurlies....almost passed out!!11"

But then again, as people have said, it IS addictive to check people's stuff out!

Oh God, and major annoyance: someone's tagged in an album, they look pretty rough in say 2 or 3 of them, and then in 1 of them they'll look quite nice. So they comment on the nice one saying "God I look rough! Lol!" Just to make sure that photo comes up on everyone's feed, so everyone can gaze at it admiringly

It's a very self-indulgent tool designed to massage already inflated egos, but almost impossible to ignore. Even if you DO deactivate your account, a small part of you will be wondering what you're 'missing'. And it *is* handy for parties, pub crawls, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I hate facebook because it's a popularity contest and I'm not popular. That's why everyone who hates facebook hates facebook. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I know you were having a rant but I've just heard/read so many rants about facebook that I'm just getting bored of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison89)
    I'm sorry I know you were having a rant but I've just heard/read so many rants about facebook that I'm just getting bored of it
    Why bother checking out the thread then?

ReputationRep:
    I just updated my status to let everyone know how annoying I found this post.

ReputationRep:
    delete your account?

ReputationRep:
    I love facebook

ReputationRep:
    yeaa facebook, its been a big issue with me and the bf, he is against it completly, hates the idea of people having 300 friends, people being fake, aquaintencies and people you didnt even get on with at school sending you friend requests. I agree 100% with this, it is pointless and show-offy, but I deactivated my account a few times and somehow manage to keep getting it back. I like to see how people have turned out and laugh at silly girls making a fool of themselves out clubbing. I never talk to people on it, so yeh its pointless.
    I deleted myspace and bebo years ago, and I WISH facebook had the option to permanantly delete your account, so that im not tempted to sign back in.

ReputationRep:
    <3 Facebook. Mainly because of how they manage photos, good tagging system etc... Better than Myspace and less intrusive ads =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    Why bother checking out the thread then?
    Because I want to rant as well.

ReputationRep:
    social networking sites and msn are the curse of my life i am now addicted to msn and have no life...thanks msn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    The 90's had everything. pogs, tamagotchi's, yo-yo's, rubics cubes, fresh prince, rugrats, zap! (I could talk all day about TV in the 90's.), radiohead, horrible clothing but kinda nice. It was colourful and strange and looked wrong but there was something comforting about the simplicity and stupidity of the clothes.
    So yeh, maybe it's not facebook just 00's.
    i miss the 90's like helll

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hatebook.org/ ......hatebook link

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.