Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quistis)
    A couple of tips from a girl:

1. You like more than one girl... if you ask one out and she says no, then give it some time before you ask the other one. It's very humiliating to agree to go on a date with a guy, only to discover that a couple of days previously he'd been rejected by a girl he liked more - I speak from bitter experience.

2. If you keep bottling out when you see them, then don't ask them in person. Perhaps try flirting by text/MSN/email, and if she's flirting back, make a jokey comment about wanting to take things further - if she freaks out, or gives a definite no, then you can save face by saying you were just joking and only see her as a friend. As she can't see your body language when you're flirting by text/MSN, you should get away with this. If she seems interested, then you could ask her out in person knowing you're likely to get a yes, or could make the next move in the same medium. In most of my relationships, some form of text or Internet sexual tension/flirting/friendly chatting has helped bring things to the next level.

3. Work out what you want. Do you like these girls solely because they're pretty, and you want sex? Do you enjoy spending time with them, and want a serious relationship? Or are they just friends you happen to find attractive? If it's purely physical attraction, then remind yourself it'll be easy to get over rejection, as there are plenty more cute women out there. If you like them as people, it'll be harder, but even so - whatever it is you like in a girl, there'll be loads of girls out there like that, so rejection isn't the end of all your romantic dreams.

Good luck! Post back here and let us know how you get on.
    appreciate that

as response to your 3, one girl i only met recently and at first it was a physical attraction, but she seems a nice person too and someone i would like to get to know.
    the other is someone ive known for about 6months, who i know a bit better (but not lots) and also find attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    im hopeless when it comes to asking girls out.

im really confident around girls - etc get on well but as soon as i get any feelings for them im become painfully shy around them - and inevitabley the girl ends up making the first move - but i think ive missed out a few times in the past - especially with this one girl all because im too scared.

the other night i was wrestling with this girl i like abd it was probably the quickest id ever sorta kissed a girl. Usually i realize i like her, it then takes me weeks/months to build up the courage to do something about it, or she makes the first move - i sorta pinned her down, held her arms down, brushed her hair, told her she had the most beautiful eyes then she sorta just flipped me over she pinned me down then kissed me - one of the best kisses ever in all fairness - and im so glad it happened - ive only known her for like a week but its been like the best week ever - if you like a girl that much just do it.

It is sorta that good will hunting syndrome - you have a great relationship with a girl, want to take it further but you dont want to lose what youve allready got
    You can be like that with a girl and not ask her out?:confused:

If things like that happen a casual 'wanna go bowling on Sunday night?' shouldn't be that hard.

Come on, your losing out and it will also make the girl have doubts to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crawlinginmyskin2006)
    You can be like that with a girl and not ask her out?:confused:

If things like that happen a casual 'wanna go bowling on Sunday night?' shouldn't be that hard.

Come on, your losing out and it will also make the girl have doubts to!
    im (the OP) not using annonymous

ReputationRep:
    The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're still alive.
    O. A. Battista

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itmustbedone)
    appreciate that

as response to your 3, one girl i only met recently and at first it was a physical attraction, but she seems a nice person too and someone i would like to get to know.
    the other is someone ive known for about 6months, who i know a bit better (but not lots) and also find attractive
    That should make it easier, then. Whilst they're both nice girls you like, your attraction to both is mostly physical - so it's not like they're particularly unique or special in your eyes, right? (Though I'm sure they would be if you got to know them in the context of a relationship ) So if this doesn't go to plan, just wait for the next pretty girl you get along with to come on the scene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quistis)
    That should make it easier, then. Whilst they're both nice girls you like, your attraction to both is mostly physical - so it's not like they're particularly unique or special in your eyes, right? (Though I'm sure they would be if you got to know them in the context of a relationship ) So if this doesn't go to plan, just wait for the next pretty girl you get along with to come on the scene.

easier said than done.

im not the most attractive guy, and they arent 10's but still out of my league (i feel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zodiac90)
    The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're still alive.
    O. A. Battista
    So your saying we kill them, then declare love. It just may work !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    So your saying we kill them, then declare love. It just may work !
    noooo lol u have to fight the weakness!

ReputationRep:
    easier said than done.

im not the most attractive guy, and they arent 10's but still out of my league (i feel)
    jesus christ, you're depressingly pessimistic and just ewwww.
    So basically you think you're ugly and these girls aren't even that hot(even though you want to ask them out mainly based on their looks) but you think they're still way too hot for you. Maybe just tell them that and they'll accept you, and if they reject them you can tell them the truth, you only asked them out because they weren't that attractive

ReputationRep:
    It must be done! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdt)
    How can you get some courage? Shut your brain off. Any thoughts that come into your head, don't let them. Positive thoughts or negative thoughts, prevent them from spawning. Turn off all logic and do what you were made to do naturally long before society laid its ridiculous bounds on instinct. I know about the "wake up" courage because I have it too (although not in this particular field).
    I totally agree. Alcohol is the way forward here. :cheers:

ReputationRep:

i have one or two girls who i like but i have no balls in all honesty :rolleyes:

i fear rejection and i dont like the idea of still having to see these people when ive been rejected.

how can i get some damm courage? ive woke up and said "fook it, just go for it". then i see them and im like "maybe tommorow" lol
    I'll be honest with you. YOu would scew it up because u'd be too nervous. So what you have to do is to try ask out some random girls out or for some advice. Improve skills with women in general. That's the only way. Oh. NO. you can do it while drunk... good luck. you'll do it

ReputationRep:
    easier said than done.

Oh dear - as Rouge said, this leaves a nasty taste in the mouth - it makes it sound like you're not even that into them, but because you think you're unattractive, you're aiming low. I kinda fall into the same 'league' as these girls - I'm not a dog, but not classically beautiful (~7 on hotornot/according to friends) - and I can assure you that any girl who isn't hideous (by conventional standards) gets plenty of male attention and can afford to be picky. Furthermore, lots of girls would rather be alone than be desperate and date someone they don't think a lot of. And on top of that, different guys have very different tastes, and a girl who's a 6/10 to you might be someone else's goddess - she will have some experience of being treated like she's absolutely beautiful, and if you don't feel the same about her, it will show eventually and she'll like you less in turn.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? If you're finding it hard to ask girls out in this context you've created, of you feeling like a minger and wanting to ask out girls purely because they're prettier than you (but not "10s"), mostly on the basis of their looks, then why not wait until the context changes? Wait until you find a girl you get to know a bit, and whose personality you like, and who you become friends with - but whom you also find attractive. Then you might have a basis for a solid relationship - and asking her out may be easier, either because you know her better and have a clearer idea of how she feels, or because you love her so much you can't bear not to.

Sorry if this sounds judgemental - I've tried not to be, but it doesn't sound to me like you'd have anything special with these girls even if they did agree to go out with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    I totally agree. Alcohol is the way forward here. :cheers:
    Well, any mind altering drug has that effect naturally. I'm not too sure frothing at the mouth makes a good impression though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdt)
    To paraphrase some famous basketballer, you get rejected by 100% of the girls you don't ask out. By asking them out, you can only improve your odds.

How can you get some courage? Shut your brain off. Any thoughts that come into your head, don't let them. Positive thoughts or negative thoughts, prevent them from spawning. Turn off all logic and do what you were made to do naturally long before society laid its ridiculous bounds on instinct. I know about the "wake up" courage because I have it too (although not in this particular field).
    A fantastic post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I like this girl who has, err, no friends, so the good old talk to her friends thing doesn't really work. I like her though, just trying to work up the balls to do something about it.
    The whole no freinds thing (assuming it's true) sounds like shooting fish in a barrel to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basil Hallward)
    It must be done! :teeth:
    Not again! :rofl:
    He's going to regret choosing that as a username...

To the OP, it kinda sounds like you aren't really that into either of these girls. It seems like you've just thought "there's two attractive girls, they're talking to me, they seem like nice people, I MUST ask one of them out". Take the time to get to know them better and see if there's really anything there first.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.