Turn on thread page Beta

How long until TSR bans 'chav'? watch

Announcements

I'd rather be called a chav than a kulak!

Darn kulaks ...

ReputationRep:
    i think chavs should be banned from the forum.

ReputationRep:
    That made me laugh, i can't stand political correctness. They way I see it is if you don't like what I've said, go live somewhere where human rights don't apply and freedom of speech is laughed about.

Is coloured person seriously on the bad list?? How much more politically correct can you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    You're an idiot, aren't you?
    I bet you're either a health and safety official, or someone who tells everyone that anything they say could be offensive. E.G "no, it's not not 'lazy', it's 'motivationally challenged' that word could be offensive to lazy people."

GTFO my thread.

ReputationRep:
    you could say their name instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_springs)
    That made me laugh, i can't stand political correctness. They way I see it is if you don't like what I've said, go live somewhere where human rights don't apply and freedom of speech is laughed about.

Is coloured person seriously on the bad list?? How much more politically correct can you get?
    I had a coloured person get very angry with me because I called him a coloured person.

ReputationRep:
    you have to addess everyone by their names

(Original post by adamcleland15)
    I had a coloured person get very angry with me because I called him a coloured person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zodiac90)
    you have to addess everyone by their names
    No I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    They call themselves chavs and they seem proud of it, same thing happened with gays taking the word queer which was originally offensive, and again black people calling themselves nigras.
    What, you mean Negro?

I haven't done extensive research into this, but I thought "negro" meant "black" in Spanish/Portuguese (this comes from the Latin "niger", which also means "black"). If you mean the other "n word", I don't think blacks have taken that one yet (not that I blame them)

I've just looked it up on Wikipedia, and in the 19th/20th centuries, they tried to introduce the word "Negroid" (-oid meaning "similar to"), so it'd incorporate most...err..."coloured people".

As if the word "Negroid" doesn't make blacks sound like outcasts.

"It's the attack of the Negroids!" :woo:

:rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro#In_English

ReputationRep:
    Why refer to their race though? A person is a person, not a colour.

ReputationRep:
    You're too quick to make assumptions.
    He's also very very right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
    Goddamnit, if you're going to call me an idiot, at least elaborate.

You idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
    yeah this OP sounds like some kind of northern truck driver type

ReputationRep:
    Banning words?

Err, what are we coming too.

Of course it shouldn't be banned. I don't think that 'racist' words should be banned in all seriousness. I don't take them seriously, the only people that do take them seriously are delusioned easily impressionable morons. And they're only going to get hurt out of it. If someone came up to me and called me whitey, I wouldn't take offense, I wouldn't even think of it twice. Does mah head in.

Plus, I hate chavs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Do chavs mind being called it? Do they have aspirations of being the head chav one day? (I don't know, but I thought chavs liked the term)
    ^^ (Y) when I was in yr 8 (a few 3/4 years ago) a girl asked our teacher what a chav was (she could probably be defined as an 'almost there' chavesque sort of girl) and then said to herself under her breath I wanna be a chaaav

and I've heard the phrase 'chavvin it up' used many times (and not in a comic way :rolleyes:)

(Original post by olly_springs)
    That made me laugh, i can't stand political correctness.
    I can't stand people who can't stand political correctness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --Dan--)
    :O

Chavs have put a lot into Britain's society e.g. You can't find them anywhere else in the world!
    Sure you can. Every country has its chavs -they're just not called that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodii2Cutii)
    yes, most polite, but if your having an argument and your trying to diss the person you wouldn't say (for example):
    'you retaarded peice of craap! john boy
    'you retaarded peice of craap! gay boy
    :laughing: yes i know, not very realistic, but this is how i see it.
    yes but if you're being polite you wouldn't be arguing.

ReputationRep:
    Goddamnit, if you're going to call me an idiot, at least elaborate.

You idiot.
    I would.... but you see I have TSR to stroll through and I'm afraid that is just too important.

Have a nice day :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    ^^ (Y) when I was in yr 8 (a few 3/4 years ago) a girl asked our teacher what a chav was (she could probably be defined as an 'almost there' chavesque sort of girl) and then said to herself under her breath I wanna be a chaaav

and I've heard the phrase 'chavvin it up' used many times (and not in a comic way :rolleyes:)
    That girl has ambition! I can actually imagine someone saying that

It wouldn't be a surprise to me. I have a friend who takes great delight in being called a wigga, right down to his fake diamond earring!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.